GRE prompt: Any information referred to be mistrusted, since it may prove false in the future.

ROBINPHILIP 5 / 7 2  
Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.
Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

CAN ANY BODY COMMENT ON MY ESSAY; CONCERNING THE ARGUMENT LAYOUT AND EXAMPLE USED.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information provided to us to be taken with caution, and commonsense, while it is as important as to keep analyzing the information with our available resources for confirmation.

Human history is rife with examples of information misled them drastically and even egregiously. Science is a discipline, uses evidence and proof to postulate theories, after elaborate discussions and confirmations. Still there are instances were science misled people. For example calcium oxalate is a compound in tomatoes and in kidney crystalline deposits ( kidney stone). And hence tomato consumption was taken for the cause of kidney stone formation. As this was a scientific postulation, many of the scientific community including doctors discouraged eating tomatoes even to healthy individuals. As tomato is comparatively cheap nutritious vegetable , many poor people had to avoid it form their daily diet and to depend on costly vegetables for a long period of time. But the case was eventually proved that the consumption could not be accountable for the kidney stone formation, even though it is a compound present in it. So the information proved to be inaccurate.

If the first information, even though by a scientific community, was taken with much caution, or at least had avoided publishing to the general public , it would have helped not to put the indigent to confusion.

At same time we should not neglect all information coming to us considering it may prove inaccurate in the future. It is also dangerous. We must be vigilant if we adopt it or keep watching if we avoid accepting it.
Hi Robin, I wish to provide additional insights to your essay.
As I read through your essay, I can't help but notice how argumentative the essay is, it actually depicts two sides of the coin, it clearly defined the points you are trying to convey to your readers. Your argument has strong ideas that transitioned properly.

When it comes to your example, I believe, as it is base on facts, it is very credible, very easy to understand and even more so, very unusual take on citation, most of the essays I read and review will not take such citation, so good job on that.

Overall, I find your essay well constructed, keep up the good job and I hope to review your essays and writing articles soon.
OP ROBINPHILIP 5 / 7 2  
Thank you, Juan, Justivy !!

Home / Writing Feedback / GRE prompt: Any information referred to be mistrusted, since it may prove false in the future.