How inhabitants in UK spent their time on separate types of telephone calls over a 7-year period

daiha20082009 6 / 9  
The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billion) of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002

number of phone calling hours

The bar chart depicts how inhabitants in UK spent their time on separate types of telephone calls over a 7-year period between 1995 and 2002.

Overall, what stands out from the chart is that both mobiles (all calls) and national and international - fixed line witnessed an increase in minutes throughout 7 years while local - fixed line fluctuated its figure from 1995 to 2002.

Local fixed line calls were the highest during the whole period, slightly rising from about 72 billion minutes in 1990 to its peak 90 billion minutes in 1999. After 1999, there was a marginal decline in the next three years until it reached roundly 70 billion minutes in 2002.

There was a significant rise in mobiles, rocketing from approximately 3 billion minutes to over 40 billion minutes in 2002. National and international fixed line calls grew steadily from 38 billion to 61 billion at the end of the period.

(152 words)
Khoa, where is the chart for this analysis essay? I don't have anything to compare your written information to in terms of accuracy. Please remember to upload that with your next essay. In the meantime, writing only 152 words out of a 150 minimum will not help to increase your score. Try to write at least 200 words in completely developed paragraph forms. I noticed that you failed to present actual data, as provided in the chart. Since this is an analytical essay, you are expected to summarize the important data, that includes chart figures, in order to provide a factual summary of the report. Right now, the information you provide is incomplete and therefore, becomes questionable in content. Therefore, this is an insufficient summary that cannot score highly in an actual test. The increased word count, that could have helped your score, would have come from a complete data presentation in the summary based on the chart figures.

Home / Writing Feedback / How inhabitants in UK spent their time on separate types of telephone calls over a 7-year period