intellectually stimulating conversation or topic

rohit080392 1 / 1  
Imagine crisp, deep fried French fries, a mouth watering burger with a tangy tomato sauce, cheese and toppings and coke. Now imagine broccoli, sprouts, boiled vegetables and low carb cereals. The former are fattening but tasty while the latter are healthy and essential if we have to keep fit. Why is it that all tasty items are unhealthy?

This got me thinking. Our body needs a specific amount of fats, carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins. What if we could make a wafer or something else which combined the healthiness of nutritious food with the irresistible taste of fattening and unhealthy food?

I formulated a plan and here is how it goes. Everyone must have heard of vitamin pills, calcium tablets etc if not used them. Suppose we take just enough of these tablets so that our daily requirements are met and crush them and make them into a paste. To mask the bitter taste of these pills we could add some sugar which would fulfill our carbohydrate requirements. The second step would be to isolate the compounds which are responsible for imparting that divine taste to a burger (or any other yummy but unhealthy food for that matter). Now we take the paste and the compound and compress to form a wafer and hurray! We are done. This wafer would mean that we neither gain nor lose weight. We will be able to satisfy our craving and stay slim at the same time. For those who want to lose weight we could simply reduce the amount of sugar to be added. An added bonus would be the time we would save. Eating a small wafer would take just two mins. No longer would we have to spend hours in the kitchen first cooking and then doing the dishes. It would be a win-win situation. The only people who would be unhappy would be the restaurant owners but then you can't please everyone.

However all this is only wistful thinking. I am on a diet these days and perhaps this is a manifestation of my craving for pizzas and French fries etc.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

That is definitely an intellectually stimulating topic! Here are a few editing suggestions for you:

Imagine crisp, deep-fried French fries, a mouth-watering burger with a tangy tomato sauce, cheese and toppings, and an ice-cold cola. Now imagine broccoli, sprouts, boiled vegetables and low carb cereals. The former are fattening but tasty while the latter are healthy and essential if we have to keep fit. Why is it that all tasty items are unhealthy?

This got me thinking. Our bodies need a specific amount of fats, carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins. What if we could make a wafer or something else which combined the healthiness of nutritious food with the irresistible taste of fattening and unhealthy food?

I formulated a plan and here is how it goes. Everyone must have heard of vitamin pills, calcium tablets, etc., if not used them. Suppose we take just enough of these tablets so that our daily requirements are met and crush them and make them into a paste. To mask the bitter taste of these pills we could add some sugar which would fulfill our carbohydrate requirements. The second step would be to isolate the compounds which are responsible for imparting that divine taste to a burger (or any other yummy but unhealthy food for that matter). Now we take the paste and the compound and compress to form a wafer and hurray! We are done. This wafer would mean that we neither gain nor lose weight. We will be able to satisfy our cravings and stay slim at the same time. For those who want to lose weight we could simply reduce the amount of sugar to be added. An added bonus would be the time we would save. Eating a small wafer would take just two minutes. No longer would we have to spend hours in the kitchen, first cooking, and then doing the dishes. It would be a win-win situation. The only people who would be unhappy would be the restaurant owners, but then you can't please everyone.

However all this is only wistful thinking. I am on a diet these days and perhaps this is a manifestation of my craving for pizzas and French fries. [delete "etc."]

Good job!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP rohit080392 1 / 1  
thank you very much
can you suggest any change in the content
is it ivy league stuff !
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Instead of saying, "Why is it that all tasty items are unhealthy?" which is a bit of an overgeneralization, you could change it to "Why is it that so many tasty foods are unhealthy?"

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "ivy league stuff!" ;-) I do think it is an interesting essay with some thought-provoking ideas. I can think of a number of arguments against your idea, but that is what makes it "intellectually stimulating"!

Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / intellectually stimulating conversation or topic