Intentional tourism can promotes people to understand and respect other cultures

christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
Nowadays, international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. Unfortunately, international tourism creates tension rather than understanding between people from different cultures. Do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, people would like to travel to other countries for medication, education, entertainment or participating in work related matters etc. So the international tourism becomes the biggest industry in the world. I do not agree that international tourism creates problems between cultures. In fact it promotes people to understand and respect other cultures.

On one hand, local people may easily misunderstand others from foreign countries. For example, cheek kissing is the most common greetings in Europe. But in China, it is a gesture using between for lovers. If people are unaware of certain culture differences, it may make others feel uncomfortable or misunderstand the intention behind it. However, people can learn to understand the other cultures from books and internet. Firstly, people can find books about the cultures all over the world, like the travelling stories and guide books, thus they can learn more about foreign cultures by just staying at home. Secondly, with the internet, people can find the information more efficiently throughout the powerful searching engines.

On the other hand, tourism promotes people to understand and respect other cultures. Tourists spend money, thus it creates employment in services like commendations, transport and entertainment and helps to improve the standard of living. Foods from other places of the world have been imported and the different kinds of restaurants have been built in big cities. Moreover, tourism can bring more cultural exchange and deepen their insight into another culture. For example, people in China also celebrate the Christmas like the west countries in recent years.

In conclusion, it is true that different culture may cause some misunderstanding between peoples, but I believe that the intentional tourism can promotes people to understand and respect other cultures, thus culture assimilation would become the trend in the world.
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai...
I am really happy to read the other side of the same question which is coinsidentely posted in the same day around same time.

The correction by leeminh is good. Well done...

easiiy misunder....: misunderstand people from other country, (by leeminh also correct)
in sum : in conclusion.

The para starting ' on the other hand..
I didn't find proper connection of the ideas you wrote under 1stly, 2ndly to your opinion.

You didn't write good points to suppot that tourism creates understanding, internet and books you can relate but...
In your essay now, more point to support 'it create tensions'

Try to add some more points in support of your idea..

It broaden our out look and improve our knowledge.
Understand culture.
: read more essays...
Tessy
OP christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
Thanks for your detail correction. I found I always make some grammar mistake, any suggestion to improve it?

BTW, I saw a book mention, we can use 'In sum' at the conclusion.
Nowadays, many people would like to travel to other countries to experience the foreign culture.

.... experiencing other cultures is just one aspect of international tourism. There are many other such as people travel for medication, education, entertainment, participating in work related matters etc. etc. So you should not limit the purpose to one and instead you should expand on it.

I don't agree this opinion and I think people can learn and understand the other culture.

.... It is good that you declare your opinion direct, but I wish you had presented the reason why you think that way in a more convincing way ;

I don't agree that international tourism creates problems between cultures. In fact it promotes people to understand and respect other cultures.
So the international tourism becomes the biggest industry in the world.

There is something odd about this sentence. Try rephrasing it. :)

I do not agree with this opinion and I am strongly believe that tourism will help individuals learn and understand other cultures better.

If people don't aware this culture difference, it may make the others feel uncomfortable or misunderstanding the intention.

If people are unaware of certain culture differences, it may make others feel uncomfortable or misunderstand the intention behind it.
colin 23 / 48 15  
On one hand, people may easily misunderstand the others from other country.
==>>On the one hand, people may easily misunderstand foreigners from other countries.

==>>If people is not aware of the cultural difference, it may make others feel uncomfortable.

Moreover, we should open-minded and accept the variance, as a result, we can benefit from the intentional tourism.
==>>Moreover, we should be open-minded and accept the diversity. As a result, we can benefit from the intentional tourism.

You may need to spend some time in studying articles, perpositions and conjunctions.
leeminh 5 / 17 2  
sorry but "in sum" sound really strange to me !! Can you give me the link ?? Or name of your book suggest you to use in sum ? Maybe I was wrong ^^ !!
OP christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
Hi, leeminh, a book written by Liu Hong Bo, a chinese teacher, not sure if you can read Chinese or not:p
leeminh 5 / 17 2  
Aw , sorry I can not read Chinese but I think you should use some popular phrase for safety. There are numerous phrases that you can use. As I said, it will not rise your mark if you use a correct strange phrase. On the other hand, if it is not correct, examiners will rate it like a significant mistake . So being safe is better, right ? :)
On the other .hand, people can learn and understand the other culture more easily now.

Actually this para seems to be a little out of topic. What you need to do is give reasons to show that international tourism doesn't create tension between nations. So this point sounds a bit deviated from the topic.

You can talk about the opportunities it creates to understand one another. See things in their own eyes without believing what is said by the biased media or other people.
alphy 3 / 10  
hai, you can say ,instead of i don,t agree and ithink ,in my point of view.
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai..
Good attempt..
Congrates for re-write..

Commendation...?

Tessy
OP christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
International tourism creates tension rather than understanding?No ; IELTS

Thanks all for the good suggestions, may I know how to change the title? It seems that someone change my essay's title? I'm now pratice the IELTS writing, so I'm not sure why the title would be changed to 'No ; IELTS'

Home / Writing Feedback / Intentional tourism can promotes people to understand and respect other cultures