IELTS Task 2 Should the international community do more to tackle the threat of global warming?

Dbooker 2 / 6  

The problem of worldwide rising temperature

Should the international community do more to tackle the threat of global warming?

In the recent past, worldwide rising temperature has changed the climate and brought severe natural disasters which has influenced thousands of population tremendously. Despite the arguments from several people still do not attach importance to it, I personally disagree with that. The following essay will illustrate the reasons behind my standpoint.

First point which I consider to be vital is rising sea level caused by global warming could bring an unimaginable catastrophe in the future. As far as I know, higher seas restrict not only the activity of human beings but also flora and fauna. An increasing number of people, for instance, who live in low-altitude area would lose their livelihood, settlements and become climate refugee potentially. Meanwhile, polar bears are dying out currently if the ice and snow still keep melting. Several vegetation is not able to live under the surface of water due to lack of the air as well.

Equally importantly, worldwide rising temperature also leads to more frequent drought. Heat restrict proper conditions for crops to grow. Regions, where folks are capable of cultivating is getting smaller dramatically. As a result, it would be absolutely more population on the edge of starvation. In addition, under such extreme living circumstances, the food chain and ecological balance are destroyed step by step. Eventually, all the aforementioned problems would possibly bring about an enormous vicious circle threatening to the world.

In summary, these symptoms of global warming will be even worse if we do not put efforts on finding connected solutions. In contrast, if we could take more actions immediately, such as passing environmental friendly bills or reducing carbon footprint, we may have a great chance to cease the imperil of global warming.

Hallo Mr. Holt, hope this time I did not change the prompted discussion and could be worth scoring. If I used wrong words or improper sentences, please let me know. I really want to improve my English writing skills!!! Thank you very much and best regards :)
I wish you had attached the original prompt that you are responding to. This question is not part of the environmental discussion topics for the Task 2 essay as far as I can tell. The closest discussion to this that I could find in my topic reference list is:

Global warming is one of the most serious issues that the world is facing today. What are the causes of global warming and what measures can governments and individuals take to tackle the issue? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Is this the topic you are discussing? If not, then you should have provided the full prompt you were responding to. If I were to base your response on the aforementioned prompt, I would have to say that you once again deviated from the topic. The reference was not international community but rather, governments and individuals. Without the actual, original prompt, I can only give you a general assessment of your grammar work. I do not dare touch on your discussion content as I might offer you the wrong advice, since I am unsure about the prompt you are dealing with.

Grammar Rules:
When using a plural word form, all references to its connecting data must be in plural form (thousands of population = thousands of populations.)
Avoid using words of uncertainty in the presentation as you are required to defend your stance in a convincing manner. Never say "As far as I know..." or "possibly bring" Always word your sentences with conviction or a strong opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 Should the international community do more to tackle the threat of global warming?