International and or local films - what people prefer to watch?

thanh1985 1 / 1  
It is my first attempt to write an essay. Please help me check out!

"Many people prefer to watch foreign films than locally produced films.
Why could this be?
Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?"

Response:

It is true that a lot of young people would likely love to see international movies than their home countries films. There are various reasons for that and local authorities must subsidize their film industries.

It is argued that foreign movies are much more preferable than domestic films, and there are two main reasons for this fact. The first reason is that Hollywood movies could offer variety of kinds with better quality as well as more exciting and interesting. For example, the "Fast and Furious" films series may definitely draw attention of any one who loves adventure and beautiful scenery. In addition, people always want to explore somethings new even via virtual environments. By watching foreign movies, they can both learn and enjoy at the same time. Many young people nowadays listen to international radio channels and watch foreign films to improve their language skills and expand their knowledge about new cultures and customs.

Recognizing that reality, local governments should pay more attention to their film industries to attract domestic audiences. First, movies are not only for entertainment but they are also very educational. Lots of children may understand history of their countries by seeing documentary films that might only be documented in their languages. Secondly, when the local film industries are invested properly, they can possibly provide more and more movies as good as international studios do. Finally, the growing of each small film producer could contribute to the development of the films industries over the world.

In conclusion, even though international films draw billions of young adults, but local governments should back their film industries to offer more options.
faarasyad 7 / 15 7  

in my perspective, it is better to improve your introduction by rendering more ideas in order to support your answer.
Hettymsk 9 / 9 9  
Hi @thanh1985!

I would like to give you some suggestions:

1) In your first para which is introduction, you should paraphrase the general topic given, then make a thesis statement. I'll give you an example

==>>It is a public secret that people nowadays, whether children, young, and adult prefer to watch foreign movies than the local one. There might be some reasons of that behavior (paraphrase from the general topic ) If this condition is still continuing, it is possible that the local films industries will slowly vanish (your idea or thesis statement, but not as detail in the body paragraphs ). Therefore, government have to take control of the situation (statement of the task given ).

2) Remember to always explain about the advantages and disadvantages about the given topic but separate it into different paragraphs, even though you are more into the disadvantage. because it will give you extra points on the final score.

3) Basically, your writing is quite good. You just have to pay attention on the parts of essay.

That's all I can help. I hope that will be useful to you.

Keep writing ^^
OP thanh1985 1 / 1  
Thank you all for your suggestions and time. I will try to correct and improve the essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / International and or local films - what people prefer to watch?