IELTS-international media and cultural diversity.....

Slim shady 12 / 27  
thank in advance. let me know band score please!!! any comments will be appreciated!!!

When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is your opinion?

As globalization booming day by day, the term of media is also increasing significantly. The growing popularity and sustainability of some international media programs such as movies, fashion shows, diverse TV programs and advertisements is posing worldwide concern and causing to redaction of cultural value and diversity, also transformation of the locals' way of life. In my view, improving transnational media has many drawbacks in cultural diversity and cultural globalization.

First of all, it is visible that international media includes a raft of giant companies which dominating across the world. For instance, Time Warner, Universal and Walt Disney. From my point of view, they control approximately half of the media market and put cultural environment at risk. The dwindling in the number of national media will pose a depletion of the variety and interesting programs such as traditional songs and movies. By this historical value of traditions and cultures of people will disappear.

Second of all, the loss of national diversity is also cause to the locals' ways of life and cultural globalization. Thus, the improving of global entertainment is affecting the locals by reflecting on the beliefs, lifestyle and norm of ordinary people in varied nations. For example, in some countries many people now imitating other lands' lifestyle by obeying their habits or wearing clothes like them. Even some people adjusting their religion.

In conclusion, I want to recapitulate that all these changes are the cause of international movies, TV shows, music, newspapers and advertisements. The local people should avoid mass transnational media in order to make a stable cultural diversity.
the term of media is alsodrawing aincreasing significantlysignificant attention .

In my view, improvingexpansion of transnational media has many drawbacks in negative effects on cultural diversity and cultural globalizationauthenticity of a nation .

-- cultural diversity means a variety of cultures in a specific region; cultural globalization actually refers to the transmission of ideas, meanings and values across national borders. So they do not fit in with the idea you want to tell. I believe, what you want to say is that they harm the authentic features of existing cultures.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS-international media and cultural diversity.....