The international tourism has become considerably more popular than before - benefits and drawbacks

daladala1 1 / -  

International tourism is now more common than ever before

Since flight tickets can be attained at an affordable price, international tourism has become considerably more popular than before. Some laud its benefit in exchanging culture, meanwhile, some blame the carbon emission it brings. I intend to believe the benefits outweigh drawbacks. The reasons are twofold.

International tourism creates dripple effect in economy. People tend to go on vacation in foreign places for relaxation. Not only do they spend money on accommodation, meals and general tourist spots, but they also create job opportunities to the destination. Take tours as an example, it creates job positions, such as tour guides and sales in souvenir shops. In the ultimate scope, the living standard and economy will be boosted further. Yet, tourism could bring environment damages as tourists may behave badly, for example, throw rubbish on street. Moreover, the capital generated from tourism industry is not reliable. Since COVID-19 has taken place and travel restrictions are implemented, the economy has been largely affected. It proves that an economy fully relying on tourism is not sustainable. Although with these side effects, the benefit on the economy supports many lives and the environmental damages can be minimized through education.

Another equally important benefit is that cultural exchange can be facilitated. Instead of learning from textbook and television, we can expand our horizon and explore the world. For example, museum visits for learning the history from arts and antiques. Yet, the petrol and diesel use in flights do increase the carbon footprint, which is the biggest contributing factor to global warming. Although it is detrimental to the environment, I still believe that its benefit in our knowledge and the understanding of another country can enhance the relationship between people. Meanwhile, the energy use problem can be solved by science invention of using renewable energy.

To conclude, international tourism is beneficial on the cultural and economic aspects but not on the environmental side. However, its positive effects still outweigh its negative effects.
The writer did not understand that the discussion is to be based on current events and facts based on the pandemic. The fact that air travel made the virus spread faster, thus causing worldwide economic lockdowns means that affordable air travel is a negative development. The fact that the writer used a benefits v. drawbacks response rather than positive V. negative shows a further misunderstanding of the topic and discussion requirements.

The student lacks the proper English vocabulary know how to use certain words in the proper way:

dripple - no such word in The UK, USA, Australian, and Canadian English language

ripple - vert; any similar move or appearance.

The writer is free to make-up information in relation to the topic, but is not free to make up English words since there is vocabulary scoring involved in this test.

Home / Writing Feedback / The international tourism has become considerably more popular than before - benefits and drawbacks