(IELTS essay) International tourism creates tensions in the host country

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Nowadays, international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. Unfortunately, international tourism creates tensions rather than understanding between people from different cultures. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

As a result of advancement in technology and globalization, the number of people moving between countries are surging now. It leads to a hot debate, weather it beneficial or create tensions in the host country. In my perception, it may leads to tensions if not handled well.

Tourism is the movement of people from one part to another and businesses related to it. International tourism brings enormous benefits to the host country. It opens the door of employment opportunities in service industries like, hotel, transportation and so on. It broadens our mind and helps to understand diverse culture. It enables foreign currency inflow and economic developments.

Apparently, a foreign tourist bring some problems with them that can leads to stress and dislike for local people. Undoubtedly, a foreigner is vulnerable and often ripped off by locals. Another point is that, the language barrier can lead to misunderstandings. Tourist sometimes refused to buy things from local market. Their bargaining may results in dispute between them, which ends up in dislikes. Furthermore, spending a short period in another country or with foreign tourists is not enough to understand fully about an alien culture

Most importantly, countries and societies have specific beliefs, traditions and culture. Foreign visitors may mistakenly act contrary to local norms, or they just plain offensive. For instance, special dress code and mannerism are there to enter inside the traditional temple in India. If a foreigner refused to follow this, it may consider as disrespect to the local culture. Therefore, some people think tourist insults local beliefs. Additionally, the wealth of the foreigners can cause envy and resentment. Besides, youngsters may be easily influenced by the bad social practices like alcoholism, of the foreigner.

In conclusion, global tourism is favorable to host country in various ways. At the same time, it can generate a large number of issues. If not handled well, it may pave way to tensions in the host country.
In my perception, it may leads to tensions if not handled well.

Crafty sentence because you have said "if not well handled". :)

You have some very good points for your essay. And it is very nicely constructed.
Nice ending too. Well done. :)
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Pahan...

crafty sentence...?
Tell me please the real meaning...

Nice to see your comments once again...
Thanks for your time, support and concern...

I didn't write how to handle it, is it need to add...?
Thanks...
Tessy..
April April 13 / 148 22  
Pay attention to verb tenses and spelling because they are basic things and and might lower your band score if you don't use the tenses correctly or make spelling mistakes.

Best
weatherwhether it beneficial

.... Careful with your spelling : )
weather; the state of the atmosphere, climate

it may leads to tensions if not handled well.

It may lead; It leads

a foreign tourist brings some problems

foreign tourists bring / a foreign tourist brings

Tourist sometimes refused to buy things from local market.

... keep this in present tense.

Your essay displays a very good structure, good ideas and excellent flow. Pay attention to grammar issues. You can go for a very good score!

Good Luck!
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai...

Thank you so...much April April and Dumi...

It was really helpful...

Thanks a lot...
Tessy
colin 23 / 48 15  
-->>it may lead to tensions

-->>the local market

Their bargaining may results in dispute between them, which ends up in dislikes.
-->>may result
alphy 3 / 10  
In the first paragraph your points are strong ,which support tourism rather than oppose .
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai hungvud and colin...

Thanks for the correction and time...

It was really helpful.

Thanks a lot..
Tessy

hai..alphy..

Read more essays.
1st para it is advantagous.

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS essay) International tourism creates tensions in the host country