International tourism promotes many aspects of the destination country's economy

phuoc 7 / 13 4  
Please comment on my essay below. Thanks a lot for your time

International tourism is now more common than ever before. Some feel that this is a positive trend, while others do not. What are your opinions on this?

The last decade has seen an increasing number of tourists travelling to visit natural wonder sights, ancient heritages and different cultures around the world. While some people might think that this international tourism has negative effects on the destination countries, I would contend that it has contributed to the economic development as well as preserved the culture and environment of the tourist destinations.

Firstly, international tourism promotes many aspects of the destination country's economy in order to serve various demands of tourists. Take Cambodia for example, a large number of visitors coming to visit the Angkowat ancient temple need services like restaurants, hotels, souvenir shops and other stores. These demands trigger related business in the surrounding settings which in turn create many jobs for local people improve infrastructure and living standard. Therefore tourism has clearly improved lives in the tourist country.

Secondly, through tourism industry, many cultural values have been preserved and natural environments have been protected. For instance, in Vietnam, many cultural costumes and natural scenes, namely 'Trong Dong' drum performance and 'Ha Long' bay, are being encouraged to preserve and funded by the tourism ministry. Without this support and profit from tourism, many traditional cultures would disappear due to its low income works. Thus, tourism has survived many non-tangible cultural values and beauty scenes.

To conclude, as far as I am concerned, international tourism has both triggered economic development and maintained cultural and environment values of the tourist countries. In addition, the authorities should adequately support these sustainable developments.
The last decade has seen an increasing number of tourists travelling to visit natural wonder sights, ancient heritages and different cultures around the world.

travel, visit both mean the same and therefore this sentence has lots of redundancy.

While some people might think that this international tourism has negative effects on the destination countries, I would contend that it has contributed to the economic development as well as preserved the culture and environment of the tourist destinations.

This is ok, but better you split it to two sentences - one to discuss the background of the argument and the other to state your personal view on that. It is always better to conclude the introduction with a clear statement that confirms your position on the argument.

Firstly, international tourism promotes many aspects of the destination country's economy in order to serve various demands of tourists.

Your idea does not flow well;
First, international tourism helps boost the host country's economy by creating a demand for accommodation, transportation, food and other logistical requirements.
Let us take Cambodia for example. A large number of foreign tourists arrive there in view of visiting Angkowat ancient temple. This creates a great demand for the services like restaurants, hotels, souvenir shops and other stores. Such demands give rise to many employment opportunities for the local people while helping the locals to have improved infrastructure with higher living quality.

To conclude, as far as I am concerned, international tourism has both triggered economic development and maintained cultural and environment values of the tourist countries.

To conclude, international tourism help boost economic development by creating new streams of foreign exchange income and employment opportunities for the local people. It also helps maintain the cultural values of the host nation. Therefore, the positives of international tourism certainly outweigh its negatives.

Home / Writing Feedback / International tourism promotes many aspects of the destination country's economy