IELTS: As an international tourist, whether adhere to the local custom or not?

lynn11 2 / 6 3  
As an international tourist, one should always adhere to the local custom as much as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

With the frequent communication among people from different regions and cultural background, the exchange of culture and science is bond to be promoted. Here comes an argument that whether one should maintain their own custom or intergrade into the local culture when travelling abroad. In my perspective, it is recommended that the travellers should respect the local custom and tradition in the place they are travelling while preserving their own identity.

The destination of a journey is not only for the view but also to get better comprehension of the local culture and people. Never will a tourist have overall understanding of his target place without experiencing and integrating into the custom and culture. To some degree, some preconceptions and misunderstanding would be eliminated once mutual understanding is deepened between the two sides. Moreover, adherence to the local custom is an effective way to conserve some endangered culture and traditions. In some circumstance, there are limited people inheriting their traditions, so the tourism plays a significant role to preserve the priceless cultural heritage. And the tourism is the key to transfer the culture to a wide range and maintain the culture diversity in the world.

Despite of learning local custom, the tourist should also hold their culture identity. It is a disturbing fact that some countries promote their culture hegemony through tourism, so the travellers should be a qualified culture communicator-absorbing the local culture wisely while spreading their own cultural values to the locals. It is noted that there is not a specified standard to measure different cultures, but it is our responsibility to protect our own culture. This can be best illustrated by the example of westernization. Under the influence of western countries' culture, many people who travel in the western countries tend to copy their culture pattern and replace their own culture with the new one. This behavior is blind and inhibits the sound development of their own culture.

In the light of the facts outlined above, absorbing and following the culture in travelling places and protecting their own cultural identity seems to occupy equal importance for tourists.

Thank you for your advice on the logic and lexical resources!
With the frequent communication among people from different regions and cultural background, the exchange of culture and science is bondbound to be promoted. Here comes an argument that whether one should maintainfollowtheirhis own customs or intergradetry to adhere to theinto the local culture when travelling abroad. In my perspective, it is recommendedbetter that the travellers should respect the local customs and traditions ofin the place they are travelling while preserving their own identity.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
And the tourism is the key to transfer the culture to a wide range and maintain the culture diversity in the world.

some connectors cannot be put in the beginning of the sentence

the connector 'and' , for example. you only can put 'and' in the middle of the sentence
rims 6 / 10 2  
In my perspective, it is recommended that the travellers should respect the local custom and tradition in the place they are travelling while preserving their own identity.

I feel, recommendations should be in the conclusion.
Misnariah Idrus 19 / 35 4  
travellers should respect the local custom and tradition in the place they are travelling while preserving their own identity.

Is the use of "while" appropriated here??
OP lynn11 2 / 6 3  
many thanks!!!
OP lynn11 2 / 6 3  
Thank you! really help me a lot:)
OP lynn11 2 / 6 3  
lynn11:

thank you! i just omit 'they are' after 'while'. would i use this word in this way?

lynn11:

thank you, would i change the 'recommended' with 'reasonable'?

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: As an international tourist, whether adhere to the local custom or not?