Internet-based social networking sites are designed to help bring people together or bring drawbacks

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
Internet-based social networking sites are designed to help bring people together. However, they have a negative effect on the way we communicate with one another.

Do you agree or disagree?

Most of people tend to use internet-based networking sites to communicate with others. Undoubtedly, this is because such sites provide easier ways to maintain human relationships. However, i agree that such communications should deteriorate individual ability to establish relationships offline and to have face-to-face interaction.

Building a networking online diminishes individual skill to socialize in the real condition. People who rely their relationships on the internet-based media accept less support in which they confront serious problem. A study performed by Jean Twenge, a professor of psychology at San Diego State University, has proven that using Line results in an increase of stressful level in people aged 21-45-year old. Despite this, a positive effect of online interactions is that people can obtain higher communication access to their family.

Another aspect which is affected by the Internet-based relationships is that teenagers are likely to have an online chat rather than real interaction. It is considered as a harmful effect because most of young people will face some difficulties when they want to have a direct speech with other. A study executed by the National Institute of Health found that youths who spend more than 10 hours on Facebook and twitter are more risky to fight other teenagers when they meet in the real situation. Meanwhile, other teens may be a good friendship with foreign youths via internet-based social media.

In conclusion, modern society may not be able to refuse the new way of establishing relationships like the Internet-based social networking, but they also have to aware with its drawbacks. I suggest that the Internet users should have better attitude and behaviour in order to create better online communities.
kiev 8 / 14 1  
Hi,

Here's some comment from me:

However, i agree that such communications should deteriorate individual ...

.., has proven that using Line, AN INSTANT MESSAGING APPLICATION(it may not all of reader know about line) results in an increase of stressful level of stress ...

Despite this, a positive effect of online interactions is that people can ... ( this line does not support previous lines a.k the negative effect of social media.

I hope this helps,

Cheers.

Home / Writing Feedback / Internet-based social networking sites are designed to help bring people together or bring drawbacks