In Internet, we dont lose contact with others, regardless of location and distance that separate us

thuhuyen2105 1 / -  

The internet allows us to stay connected with each other no matter where we are

It is supposed that although that we can keep connected regardless of place and distance thanks to the Internet, this human's great invention also separates people from real life. I totally agree with this view.

On the one hand, the Internet certainly provides us with geographically unconstrained connection and communication. There is a wide range of smart devices which enable users to update the status of their friends, family, relatives wherever they are such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, or even smartwatches. Today, with only an iPhone connected to the Internet and installed Skype, a person in Vietnam can easily make a video call with their friends in America with no fee. The development of social media like Facebook or Twitter is also a key factor that makes the connection between each other more convenient. On social media, we can add new friends to our friend lists and chat with them, follow famous figures, or share our feelings daily, etc.

On the other hand, using the Internet improperly can bring negative effects on users and discourage them to participate in social activities. Because everything can be done online so users may become embarrassed or even afraid of having to communicate or share feelings with others directly. For instance, we can leave comments on our relatives' pictures on Twitter to ask about our current status rather than visiting them. Nevertheless, attractive things on the Internet such as computer games or movies make people addicted to the Internet and spend most of their time online so that there is no time left for other activities in their real life. For example, a young girl can spend almost all day watching short videos on TikTok, so she does not have any time to talk with their parents.

In conclusion, the Internet brings about both merits and demerits. In my perspective, the key answer is that how to use this great invention of humans in the right way to balance our time online and offline.
This is a one- sided opinion essay. The writeris opinion statement is singular in nature. There is no instruction to compare and contrast. Rather, the writer is being asked to present 2 reasoning paragraphs, based on 2 supporting reasons to show the strength of his opinion. The writer has responded using a partially correct format.

Based on the reasoning paragraphs, only one supports the reasoning opinion of the writer. Therefore only the following paragraphs will recieve full scoring possibilities:

- Restatement + Opinion
- Reasoning paragraph # 2

The concluding summary proved to be a new topic statement rather than a discussion wrap-up so it will not recieve points. The essay will fail since there is no information summary presented as a conclusion.

Home / Writing Feedback / In Internet, we dont lose contact with others, regardless of location and distance that separate us