The internet and its effect on academic learning

rosita12 2 / 1  
University lecturers are now able to put their lecturers on the internet for students to read and so the importance face to face lecturers has been reduced.

Do you believe the use of the internet in formal education is a good idea?
What future effects will the internet have on academic study?

The Effect of the Internet Use on Students

The technology has changed the different ways of studying. One of them is using the internet for holding lecturers without going to the universities. There are mixed ideas about the Internet has a positive influence on the formal education. And the internet will change the style of academic learning.

The internet has changed the style of academic leaning and teaching. The bachelor and postgraduate students do not use as many text book as the students used to do. Because, now students use the internet and the online journals and books for their researches. And for the report they do not give the lecturer hand writing report. They type their final researches. Also in the future, they will just stay in their houses or work places and follow their seminars and lectures with high speed internet. Therefore, they do not speed time on journey from houses to universities.

On the other hand, using the internet has many disadvantages. The communications among the students will be disappeared. Therefore, there will be no information exchanging among these students and they could not evaluate themselves in comparison with other students during a term. So, they do not have huge among of motivation to study hard. Also, studying is a scenery activity which needs considerable time to be alone. If the students do not need to go to the campus, they will face some mental diseases or they will become depressed.

In conclusion, the internet has positive influence on omitted the extra time and money which spend on going to the universities. But, being in the campus can help students to have high level of social connections.
Rumi2020 2 / 2 1  
Clearly, you made some fundamental mistakes in the way you approached the task. First of all you did not mention you own belief using the terms "I believe, I feel, I think" which will definitely affect you Task Response score. Moreover, you tried to write a Discussion Essay instead of Direct Questions Essay. You should focus on improving your use of collocations too.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Thanks for sending your essay here. Please allow me to give you some valuable feedback towards the essay posted. Well, let's start with the opening paragraph. In IELTS, you are being tested on how good you paraphrase the keywords from the question. As it can be seen from your intro, you have not fully covered this skill as you still leave more rooms for improvement. Let me give an example of this:

The rise in the Internet has changed the way people study. Today, it is commonly to see that more lectures send their teaching materials into such media, and therefore this helps students study the lesson easily. Although this brings a profound merit, plagiarism is one of the drawbacks that should be taken into consideration if students rely too much on the Internet

The second and third body paragraphs are not arranged in a proper way. I did not see any strong examples as your details to support your topic sentences. To create a very good example, it is always good to include a 5W/1H question. Also, you need to pay particular attention to how you use linking words. In IELTS, starting with "But', or placing this in the first of the sentence is the BIG mistake ever.

Hope this helps :D

Home / Writing Feedback / The internet and its effect on academic learning