How the internet has improved your academic experience.

jnix612 1 / 1  
How the internet has improved your academic experience. You should elaborate on how you've benefited from the internet and how you feel this has affected your current academic standing.

As a member of corporate America I adhere to a strict uncompromising schedule. The hours of the work week are consumed by my employer, including time spent preparing and the one-hour commute to work. The internet allows me to learn and complete assignments at my own pace and on a schedule that makes me feel liberated from the constraints of time. The overwhelming relief that is experienced from learning via the internet has greatly improved my academic experience.

The internet has become a valuable resource during my pursuit of a degree. The internet provides a multitude of primary and secondary resources available to guide my understanding of a topic. Challenging subjects may create anxiety; however, searching the internet yields a harvest of varying explanations leading to a greater understanding of the subject. This harvest provides up-to-date information, academic explanations and differing opinions and perspectives from around the world. This style of diversity is not achieved in the class-settings. Research on the internet can provide a large source of data; however, the internet can also create distractions and debris. A few fundamental techniques acquired from the internet teach me to apply critical thinking skills to remain focused on the subject and to differentiate useful information from the clutter. At times I find myself on the invisible web where access to information grows exponentially becoming lost in a sea of information. These "accidental" finds are merely a bonus of learning and proves the limitless boundaries of learning. My academic experience from the use of the internet has improved my concentration, critical thinking abilities and ability to learn on a continuous basis. Each of these skills has a positive influence on my personal and professional life.

Continuous use of the internet for academia purposes augments my education. The internet provides an infinite source of information such as, access to people from around the world, access to interactive material, and access to professors from around the world. University of California, Berkeley has 300 courses online for free. There are no credits associated; however the classes are FREE and useful to those life-long learners. Through the use of the internet I do not spend time taking copious notes during a lecture. I can read the lecture or replay the lecture at my own pace and not miss important concepts of the lecture. The internet enhances the concept "learn by doing" because the internet is an exploratory tool and allows me to discover the answers to the questions. This form of learning provides a greater sense of achievement and the information is assimilated more effectively. Another important benefit of the internet is having access to more adult online learners who bring a vast amount of life experience and knowledge to the classroom. Finally, the internet allows me greater flexibility to work during my peak times and not during an unrealistic schedule designed for the masses.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You have written a truly excellent essay! I have just a few editing suggestions:

The overwhelming relief that is experienced from learning via the internet has greatly improved my academic experience. - Try to avoid using the passive voice; better would be "The overwhelming relief I have experienced..."

At times I find myself on the invisible web where access to information grows exponentially, [add comma] becoming lost in a sea of information.

These "accidental" finds are merely a bonus of learning and prove the limitless boundaries of learning.

The internet provides an infinite source of information, [add comma] such as [delete , ]access to people from around the world, access to interactive material, and access to professors from around the world.

I can read the lecture or replay the lecture at my own pace and not miss important concepts of the lecture. - I don't think you need three instances of "the lecture" in one sentence; how about "I can read the lecture, or replay it at my own pace, and not miss important concepts."

The only other suggestion I would make is to add one or two summarizing sentences at the end. Something like, "Overall, I would have to say that my academic standing has benefited greatly from having the internet available as a resource."

Great job!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP jnix612 1 / 1  
Thank you so much.
NOOR212 - / 1  
hellp me please about " internet crazy "

I need an essay about " internet crazy " : Advantages or disadvantages
: ageeement - disageeement

Please >> :(
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening.

This website is to assist students with their academic writing. We help with editing, proofreading, grammar, and structure of pieces that students have written.
If you are looking for someone to write your paper for you or conduct research for you, I suggest you contact a paid writing service. If you have a piece that you have written 100% originally yours and you would like editing or proofreading assistance, you may post it here. If you seek something else, you will find a better match elsewhere.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / How the internet has improved your academic experience.