The internet isolates us and encourages people not to socialise or just allows us to stay connected?

ntngn 1 / -  

advantages and disadvantages of the internet

In modern life, it is an undeniable fact that the internet has huge effects on several aspects, especially on communicating with each other. However, some people still believe that due to the internet, we are becoming isolated and lack of vital social skills day by day, To a certain extent, I would agree with the stunning functions of technology on connecting each other, but somewhat, I also approve of the opinion about its negative influence.

On one hand, the internet plays an indispensable role in helping humanities interact and correspond. First, keeping in touch is necessary for people and corporations. The internet brings us a more efficient and effective way to connect, for not only chatting but also meeting and studying online, without the boundaries of distance and cost. For example, today, when the government urges citizens to stay at home to counteract the Corona Virus, there are thousands of companies, classes or groups are continue their progress by connecting with other people through some apps like google meetings or zooms. Second, people's networking is also expanded via the internet, bringing them far from their place to the other country. There are a huge of media sites connected people from different areas for their benefits: business, studying or just for a whole new friendship, which people all over the world utilize. Therefore, if people know how to control themselves, use the internet wisely and effectively, they will gain particular advantages.

On the other hand, the internet is also double-edged since it led to isolation and the other social life problems of humans. Nowadays, almost everyone has their smartphone, from the young to the old, finding attractions from the entertaining applications. Many users, especially youngsters, are spending too much time browsing the webs, playing games, chatting with virtual friends, sticking with their gadget for hours. As a result, less time they can spend for an eye to eye contact with the other family members and real friends. Not only be addicted to information technology, but they also lose many essential social skills, eventually face health problems related to eyes.

To sum it up, the internet brings lots of advantages to our lives, but they go along with drawbacks. Nevertheless, I assume that we should control ourselves, efficiently gain benefits from the internet without overuse it. Besides, do not let themselves be lack of any social skills in daily life, not in the virtual one
mimiya 1 / 3  
hello ntngn

It's good Job. However, there are some grammatical mistakes like
are continuing
there are a huge amount of
has their its smartphone
Saying "To a certain extent, I..." Is considered a non answer in a Task 2 extent of dis/agreement essay. This is still a single opinion essay that is based upon the strength of your support for a particular side of the discussion. Since you did not even try to take a strong stance on the essay, and you changed the prompt from a single opinion discussion to a comparative essay format, you cannot expect to pass the test. Why? You just proved that you are not capable of following instructions, restating the original prompt discussion instruction, and you do not have the abilities required to form a solid opinion on a given topic. All of these reasons, added to the other grammar and sentence errors of the essay will show that you are not yet ready to study abroad in an English speaking academic institution.

Home / Writing Feedback / The internet isolates us and encourages people not to socialise or just allows us to stay connected?