IELTS Task 2 - Will the Internet make schools unnecessary in the future?

voldemortlucky 1 / -  
Topic 97: In modern society, some people argue that schools become unnecessary as children can study at home via the Internet. Do you agree or disagree?

In this day and age, based on the current impressive pace of technological development, people are projecting a near future where computers may supersede the role of teachers in classrooms. However, as traditional schooling brings irreplaceable benefits for children, it is believed that such prediction can hardly turn into a reality.

There is no point arguing whether computers are extremely beneficial for educational purposes, especially in distance learning. With a stable connection to the Internet, a student can still acquire knowledge, search for relevant information and communicate with his or her teachers and classmates over a longer distance. This technology has allowed people to be more flexible in choosing the time and location that they want to study.

Nevertheless, traditional form of education, which centers around a teacher, provides students with human interactions - a element that is tremendously important for the development of children. By taking face-to-face with teachers and their peers in a classroom, students can learn to converse and discuss ideas effectively. These skills are transferable across their future careers and occupations. Furthermore, teaching in a conventional classroom permits teachers to observe and monitor their students better. This is very important as it helps teachers to identify any student who may need extra help and attention to keep up with their classmates. On the contrary, studying over the Internet makes this task nearly unattainable.

In the light of the aforementioned facts, it can be concluded that although distance learning provide some benefits for students, such as flexibility, the role of traditional schools will not be replaced in the near future. This is because conventional means of teaching comes with many perks, namely better communication skills and more attention for students.
buheboljgin 1 / 2  
voldemortlucky
[i][i]Hi
My first language is not English, may be I'm not good at telling you how to correct some mistakes. However, I can identify some point that may be wrong. Hope this can help you.

Nevertheless, traditional form of education, which centers around( we can say "one discourse centered around a subject". But is it incorrect that "something centers around somebody"?) a teacher, provides students with human interactions - an element that is tremendously important for the development of children. [By taking face-to-face class/interaction with teachers and their peers in a classroom, students can learn to converse and discuss ideas effectively.](this point seems not convincing enough, because students can converse and discuss ideas effectively on internet too, for instance, on a learning forum. Perhaps you can make clearer some specific characteristics that internet can't provide) These skills are transferable across their future careers and occupations. Furthermore, teaching in a conventional classroom permits teachers to observe and monitor their students better. This is very important as it helps teachers to identify any student who may need extra help and attention to keep up with their classmates. On the contrary, studying over the Internet makes this task nearly unattainable.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 - Will the Internet make schools unnecessary in the future?