Internet technology means we don't need to travel to foreign countries to understand how others live

quadau123 1 / -  

IELTS TASK 2 - TECHNOLOGY AND TRAVEL

Topic: Internet technology means people do not need to travel to foregin countries to understand how others live. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is believed by some that people can easily apprehend oversea life with the development of internet and technology without traveling to those countries. While I agree that internet technology has several benefits in gaining knowledge about other countries, I would argue that traveling is more likely to be a practical method to completely experience foreign life.

On the one hand, it is unquestionable that advance technology including internet has some sorts of imformation. Internet and technology development makes it more accessable to all the information that people want to know through available searching tools like Google. Therefore, it is easier for them to imagine the oversea life and cultures through documents like photos, videos and films. Moreover, internet provides people with all sources of available information with no cost, so they can save time and money but still can study about another local customs.

However, I believe that travelling play a crucial role in order to acquire knowledge about different territories. It is obvious that the majority of internet information is all about the bright side of a country instead of the dark side; therefore, those untested information can not help people completely, fully learn about one different country like learning themselves by listening and seeing directly. Besides, destining to another king dom not only gains people's knowledge geographically but also aprehend and experience about their heritage which is not available on the internet. Thus, travelling is essential to know about oversea countries and their people.

In conclusion, internet technology can give people information about some aspects of a different country but it can not compare with real experience through tourism

(272 words)
There is an error in your task accuracy rendition within the prompt restatement. The question is: To what extent do you agree or disagree? Your response was that of an agreement, based on a comparative discussion since you agree but disagree with the given statement. This is only a single opinion essay, so you need to pick the extent of your support to one of the given opinions. Either you agree (to a certain extent) with the statement or you disagree (using a measured response) with the thought provided. You cannot discuss both opinions because you are provided with a single opinion choice through the word "or".

As such, your overall response format is incorrect. Like I said, this is not a comparative discussion, which is what you did. Therefore, your discussion does not provide a clear opinion, as required by the single opinion discussion requirement. You will lose tremendous TA percentage scores because of that lack of clarity in your discussion. Pick one side and discuss it. Otherwise, you could end up failing the test.

I am predicting a test failure for you with this essay because, aside from the incorrect response format, you also have other errors in the presentation. A quick scan of your visible errors include LR and GRA errors. All of which will combine with your low TA score, resulting in a lower than expected overall score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Internet technology means we don't need to travel to foreign countries to understand how others live