Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Internet users in three different developed countries from 1999 to 2009

irhame 52 / 50 25  
A comparison of percentage of internet users in three developed countries between 1999 and 2009, a ten-year period is illustrated in the line chart. Overall, all categories saw an increase. In any case, while Americans and Mexicans accessed the internet much larger, Canadians experienced the fastest growth in the internet usage.

There were moderate changes in first three years. In 1999, the proportion of people using the Internet in the USA was about 20%. The figures for Canada and Mexico were lower, at about 10% and 5%, the lowest proportion of the graph projections, respectively. At the end of 2001, while Mexico users witnessed a gradual rise at 10 percent of population, the figure for Americans and Canadians had similar percentage at 45 percent.

A more detailed look at the graph reveals that there was a significant rise over the following years. In 2005, people who used the internet in both the USA and Canada rose to around 70% of the population, while the figure for Mexico reached just over a quarter. By 2009, the figure for Internet users was highest in Canada. Almost 100% of Canadians used the Internet, compared with about 80% of Americans and only 40% of Mexicans.

Home / Writing Feedback / Internet users in three different developed countries from 1999 to 2009