IELTS TASK 2: Interviews are not the best method to select the applicants

aflah15 32 / 18 4  
Most employers interview candidates before hiring them. Do you think this is the best way to do it? In your opinion, what is the best method for choosing employees?

Most companies decide to recruit many applicants based on an interview test. This essay will argue that this is not the most suitable method because the measurement of person's capacities cannot be determined by their words and the best method is requiring an objective test to assess their proficiency.

Interview is not an effective way because it does not provide an opportunity for interviewee to perform their best ability. The skills tested in interview do not cover all aspects that have to master by employees since just a communication skills such as how to answer question appropriately can be measured. For instance, a technically experts such as programmers are rare to build a communicative discussion since their work only connect them with many computers, so they will face an awkward moment in their interview, while there is no chance for them to show their great skills.

Discovering the ability of applicants by applying aptitude test as the one of selection series is the most appropriate way to measure their capability. This is because specific skills of candidates can be shown clearly which allow them to be located in suitable position. For example, people who want to be a secretary in office should be tested about their ability in operating computer properly and understanding how to arrange documents and data clearly since it will be their main duties when working in the real job.

All in all, interviews have boundaries as they often test interviewing skills rather than occupation related abilities and the more appropriate method is requiring a test which can figure the real challenges that should be passed in any jobs.
anita11 28 / 20 2  
... cannot be determined by their words and the best methodmay be you can useapproachto avoid repetition is requiring an objective ...

(Countable noun)because this word has been used, please using article'the' Interview is not an effective way because ...
The skillsdon't put plural noun as modifier tested in interview do not cover allaspectsknowledge that have to masteris owned by employees since just (...) how to answer questionS appropriately can be measured. For instance, a technically experts such as programmers (...) their work only connectS them with many computers, so ...

... by applying aptitude test as the one of the selection series is the most ...
... to be located in suitable positionS . For example, people who want to be a secretary in the office should be tested aboutON their ability in operating computer ...

... rather than occupation related abilities and the moreMOST appropriate method is requiring ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Interviews are not the best method to select the applicants