Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

This is my 9/11 essay intro - is it OK?

Neelam 2 / -  
Hey there!!

I would really appreciate it if someone can please take a look at the inroduction of my essay about 9/11. I am trying to clarify here that I understand the question and that I have an argument. Also I want to make sure the structure and the way i have approached it is OK... Or not? If there is anything i have left out in this intro that i need to add, please let me know! Thank you kindly!!

Regards

Neelam

To what extent and in what ways has International Relations been changed by the events of 11 September 2001?

The question signifies that there has been an apparent change in IR since the events of 9/11 because it asks, 'To what extent?' It is important to analyze why International Relations have changed by the events of 11 September 2001 and how it has changed. This would answer the question as to the ways IR has changed since these events. I will look at the elements that lead up to the events of 9/11 and I will look at the consequences of 9/11 on IR, which will answer the question as to why IR has been changed by the events of 9/11. Another view to this question is how ordinary people view IR in the aftermath of 9/11. As the question has the assumption that there has been an apparent change in IR, as mentioned earlier, I will argue that there in fact hasn't been a change in IR at all, as it has always been there. I will argue that IR was submerged to the general public, and has now come to the surface after the events of 9/11, because people cared about the events of 9/11. So, to fit in line with my argument, I will re-phrase the question: 'To what extent and in what ways has International Relations surfaced to those people who usually do not relate to IR and how has 9/11 become a catalyst to allow IR to come to the surface? The answer to this question will answer the original question, with the argument that IR in reality hasn't changed, because it has always been there; but IR has now come to the surface after 9/11 and instead of it changing after 9/11, it has matured into an area of control, power and influence, to the extent that ordinary people have come to the realization of IR.

Home / Writing Feedback / This is my 9/11 essay intro - is it OK?