IELTS2: Inventors vs Doctors - both professions have the same significant role in people's lives.

wulanbila16 14 / 7 5  
Inventors are not as important to society as doctors. To what extent do you agree whit this statement?

_____________________________________________________________

Inventors and doctors have major influence in human's life. However, there is an argument that doctors are more important than inventors. Responding this statement, I strongly believe that the inventors are as essential as doctors to community.

It is no doubt that doctor takes an important role in society. Thus, all members of community can experience the benefit of doctor's services directly. Doctors support the quality of life by providing the opportunity to have a healthier life, to survive from diseases, and to live longer. In a surgery, for instance, a doctor is a person who leads and determines the surgery whether it run successfully or not. By doing the surgery, the doctor can help people to get rid of their illness. Without them, there are so many patients that loss hope to have better future.

Nevertheless, inventors also give benefits for people. They create some new inventions which can also improve the quality of life and make people's works easier than before. Wright Brothers, for example, invented a new, basic flying machine which now has been improved to be an airplane that can bring many passengers to their destinations trough the sky. Due to their invention, people can go to anywhere effectively. It is clear that the existence of inventors in society is very essential for people themselves.

To sum up, it is evident that both jobs have the same significant role in humans' lives. Although some inventors are not as famous as doctors and experience a lot of failures in their life, people should respect them.
Dwi, you can strengthen your opening statement by giving the reader an overview of the reasons that you will be discussing in the essay. Rather than simply just stating that That there is such an argument, you should be stating both sides of the argument in sentence form. That way you establish the paragraph topics for your succeeding discussion.

Your discussion regarding the importance of inventors is actually lightweight at this point. Mostly because it does not relate to the importance of doctors. I you can create a logical connection between the importance of doctors and the importance of the inventions that the inventors develop for use in the medical community, such as the MRI, CT Scan, ultrasound, etc., then your line of reasoning will be logical, strengthened, and deliver a clearer connection regarding the equal importance of the two. By discussing the essay in this manner, you will be able to provide the examiner with a clear idea as to how you understood the prompt and your ability to think logically in English.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS2: Inventors vs Doctors - both professions have the same significant role in people's lives.