Involvement of children in different paid work, is it good or bad?

English_Learner 3 / 1 3  
The issue of whether or not children should be engaged in some paid work has sparked a heated debate. While some argue that having some employment experience is favorable to a child's learning and development. I contend that it would bring harm to the child's health and overall development.

First of all a workplace is designed for adults, so it is not child- friendly. For instance, switch- boards are placed high, desk and chair doesn't suit a child's height, emergency fire- extinguisher's are installed higher to suit adult height.Furthermore,various hazards such as polluted air and chemical fumes are produced in factories and farms. Undoubtedly young people would suffer in such work-place.

Also, intense and production oriented environment lacks sense of liberty, a child needs for a overall development of ones personality.Moreover a work-place requires a responsible and competent adults who can handle work pressure and meet deadlines. These circumstances when expected with a child can burden his ability which can cause him to lose his childhood innocence and force him to be mature untimely. This has been proven to be a drawback in children development by child psychologist as well

To conclude, a child paid employment experience would lead to a negative impact on their health and learning ability. However recognizing the importance of children's learning and their awareness of responsibility,it is advisable to encourage them to be involved in volunteering opportunities, where they can learn but still be considerate about their tender age and ability to cope.
Kalyn17992 9 / 19 1  
desk and chair doesn'tdon't suit a child's height,

emergency fire- extinguisher'ss are installed higher to suit adult's height.

I like this introduction. It is simple, yet interesting and contain all necessary features.

First of all a workplace is designed for adults, so it is not child- friendly.

.... great idea :)

sense of liberty,

sense of freedom

Also, intense and production oriented environment lacks sense of liberty, a child needs for a overall development of ones personality.Moreover a work-place requires a responsible and competent adults who can handle work pressure and meet deadlines.

... my advice is not to have more than one reason per para. Why don't you stop with your first reason and give a classic example for that?

Overall, you write very well :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Involvement of children in different paid work, is it good or bad?