Writing task 2: Jobs and assigned genders

bartex 1 / -  
Hi, I am novice here, I'm praticing for ielts task 2, I hope that you guys can give me some advice for my composition.

gender-specific jobs?

Men and women prevalently have different pros and cons. Some people argue that there should have gender-specific jobs for them. However, In my opinion, women can perform well in male-dominated jobs and vice versa.

It is undeniable that men and women are inherently born with certain characteristics. Men tend to do jobs that suit their unique physical capacities such as pilot, laborer, mine worker..etc. Women, however, are more likely to take the jobs required less strength and more dexterity. Taking nurses as an example, female nurses are probably more caring and empathetic than men counterparts do so patients may find it comfortable with the help of female nurses.

On the other hand, some individuals have proof that they can perform excellently in jobs which are believed to be the best fit for the opposite sex. For instance, Margaret Thatcher used to be the Prime minister of the United Kingdom, is concrete evidence that women can run a government effectively. Male teachers have shown that they have a better understanding of boys' problems and they give them valuable advice for them to solve it than their female teachers do.

In conclusion, Making a change in the gendered occupation is challenging. However, I deeply believe that individuals should not be refrained from doing their dream jobs due to their sexes
serbinax 7 / 19 7  
@bartex
This is too short for task 2. You will be penalized for that. You might want to add some ideas to your body paragraphs or add another one.
Without knowing what the actual prompt is, I would not really be able to provide a complete review of your work. However, I can point out the errors in your work, on a general basis, which would still have a serious effect on your final score.

It would be difficult for your essay to get a passing mark in this instance because the points deduction in the TA section, based on the missing word count would just be too severe. You are missing 32 words to meet the minimum requirement of 250 words. Add the grammar and spelling problems to the mix and the essay will truly not have a chance of achieving a passing score.

Students often get mixed up when spelling in British and American English. You will need to decide which version of the word spellings you want to use and make sure that you use that format throughout. The examiner will make allowances for spelling differences but, it would be in your best LR interests to spell the words such as laborer (labourer) in British English. An examiner will be impressed if you can show that you understand the grammar differences between the two types of English languages. Never use "etc." in an academic essay. Though it means "and so on and so forth". the examiner doesn't appreciate such short cuts in academic presentations.

Double check your essays before submitting for a grade. You have double punctuation marks in this essay and a capitalization for the word "in" when it should have been written in lower case. Believe it or not, such errors would produce heavy deductions in the LR and GRA scores of your essay. The combination of these errors would result in a less than passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 2: Jobs and assigned genders