Journalist quality - should we trust the journalist?

ekekek 25 / 51  
We get knowledge from news, but some people think we cannot trust the journalist. What do you think? And what do you think is the important qualities that a journalist should have?

Nowadays, we are surrounded with so much information, the majority of which comes from journalists. While some people assert that journalists are unworthy to trust. I suppose their behavior can be understandable.

Everyone, undoubtedly, has his own views towards a news story as we have different educational backgrounds and upbringing environments. Journalists judge things by what they experienced. Therefore, prejudice cannot be avoided. Also, the media converge is normally controlled by the government. It is not easy for newsman to present the news to the public under certain rules created by the government. One careless mistake might lead to be cut down. Further, the most important trait of news is up-to-the-minute. Journalists have to report the news to the world within an hour, or even minutes. Thus, it is too limited for correspondents to get the whole picture of the emergencies, which result in the imperfect in the reporting.

In order to be an outstanding journalist, personally, learning to be neutral is a primary course, what I mean is that the main duty for journalists is to present the facts rather than instill the right and wrong on audiences. They should conceal their own feelings while doing their jobs. Additionally, a journalist ought to have the courage to break through the rules which prevent the public from learning the truth. The strong will to peruse truth, more vital than any other qualities, distinguish the remarkable from the average. Journalists need to rush to the primary scene immediately as soon as something happened, which may scarifies regular eating and sleeping habits temporarily.

Journalist, sacrifice a lot but receive a little, should be respected rather than be blamed. Whether we should believe the news presented by the journalist depends on our personal thinking.
sissi1987220 3 / 4  
1. I am not quite sure, but the should it be "behaviors" in the first para.?
2.In the second para: one careless mistake might lead to be cut down I think there should be a noun followed by lead to.. such as , lead to conflicts

2.third para: what I mean should be by what I mean 

Hope it helps.
While some people assert that journalists are unworthy to trust.---This is not a complete sentence. I suppose their behavior can be understandable.

Everyone, undoubtedly, has his their own views towards a news story as we have different educational backgrounds and upbringing environments.---cool sentence! I just needed to make that small change.

Thus, it is too limited for correspondents to get the whole picture of the emergencies, which result in the imperfect in the reporting.--another great sentence. But it is not just emergencies... it is all current events.

In order to be an outstanding journalist, personally , learning to be neutral is a primary course, and what I mean is that the main duty for journalists is to present the facts rather than instill impose ideas abo ut right and wrong on audiences.

Journalists sacrifice a lot but receive a little, and they should be respected rather than be blamed.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Journalist quality - should we trust the journalist?