To judge or not to judge a person during interview - Opinion IELT essay do you agree or disagree?

Mennamoni 1 / 1  

First impressions are important

Some people think that doing well in interviews is the key to securing a good job.
Agree?

It is commonly thought that the first perception people have on a person in an interview decide whether the employer will provide the job or not.However,I firmly believe that first impression should not be what defines a successful employee,and certainly must not be used to judge if the person deserves a job.

To begin with, first impressions are often inaccurate as people want others to see what they want them to see.Consequently,interviewee exhibit their optimal image during the job interview and usually answer untruthfully.In other words,people might fall for others manipulation ,but after some time the employees show their unenthusiastic true selves which bring the business down.Another reason to consider that the first glimpse on personality in job interview should not be the sole way to employ a person is because it is extremely demanding for someone to justify himself in a very short period of time.To illustrate, It is totally unfair that merely because a person has social skills and can act friendly does not make him stand in a good stead among others

Furthermore,there are more qualities that should be put into consideration before the first impression.For instance, work experience , certificate from prestigious universities and good morals such as honesty are all more sensible measure for the capability of a person ,that is due to the fact that a person must work hard and apply himself into studies and prove his knowledge to gain such qualities.That is why ,an employer should look for more than just the first impression in order to choose the right person.

In conclusion,although it can psychologically challenging not to judge a person by their first impression,but I believe it is extremely crucial to know that impressions in the first sight might be wrong and undoubtedly discriminatory

Feedback please
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Mennamoni
Hello there! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find this feedback helpful for your writing endeavors.

Firstly, I heavily recommend that you try to create more concise sentences throughout your writing. While I think that the first paragraph was quite creative, I also think that it lacks a bit of definition with the usage of a more specific structure fit for this content. I suggest trying to, for instance, create smaller chunks of text rather than bigger ones. Doing this will help you elaborate with more intention.

The second paragraph appears to be quite cluttered as well. I recommend that you try to utilize transition words more to enhance the way you move between your sentences.

Best of luck as always.
OP Mennamoni 1 / 1  
@Maria
Thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / To judge or not to judge a person during interview - Opinion IELT essay do you agree or disagree?