(TED) Judson Brewer: A Simple Way to Break a Bad Habit

abdasyari93 9 / 19  
It is commonly known that everyone has positive and negative habit in their lives. It is triggered by our brain which stimulates ourselves to repeat the process. Unfortunately, it is so hard to control and break a bad habit to go away from our mind. This video provides the answer to deal with this problem. Judson Brewer states that getting curious, feeling the joy, and repeating these steps are the main key in order to break a negative behavior. At first, getting curious brings people to change knowledge to wisdom and makes them to step out their negative habit patterns. As a result, they are the inner scientist in themselves. In other word, mindfulness training is a simple way to break their bad behavior.
Fira28 6 / 10  
Hello abdasyari93, here i left the comment for you

• ... has positive and negative habithabbits in their lives.

• Unfortunately, it is so hard to control and break a bad habithabbit to go ...

• ... and makes them to step out their negative habithabbit patterns.
OP abdasyari93 9 / 19  
Hello @Fira28, Could you check your dictionary? Please make sure first, before you give some comments. Thank you :)
Fitri12 28 / 53 6  
Hi Abdasyari,
The followings are my suggestions regarding your writing:

It is triggered by our brain which stimulates ourselvesus to performrepeat the processrepetitive actions .

Unfortunately, it is so hard to control and break a bad habit to go away from our mind.ourselves from behaving badly. We tend to stay in our comfort zone s.

Thank you. Feel free to leave your comment on my Thread.
Ifan21 22 / 24 2  
Hallo abdasyari93
You have written such agreat essay, Those following are corrections for you :

It is triggered (inapproprate word i suggest you to use "regulated" ) by our brain which ...
Unfortunately, it is so hard to control and break a bad habit to go away from our mind (it is no parralel, one you use the conjunction "and" you have make sure that each word separated by and is paralell, it doesn't make sense "to control a bad habit to go away" ). This video provides (you have to mention which video ) the answer to deal ...

... people to change knowledge to (Change has to be followed by into "getting curious bring people to change knowledge into..." ) wisdom and makes them ...

In other word, mindfulness training is a simple way to break their bad behavior (it is not coherent with previous statement in my point of view ).

Thanks i hope it's useful
Best Regard
Ifan21
Rinnegan45 - / 39 5  
Hi there! @abdasyari

I have read your writing and wonder about some tips like these:

1) It is commonly known/knowledge that everyone has positive and negative habit in their lives.
2)it is so hard to control and ,(comma) break a bad habit and go disperse it away from our mind.
3)to step out of their negative habit patterns.
4) mindfulness training (you need adjective to modify the gerund)

Home / Writing Feedback / (TED) Judson Brewer: A Simple Way to Break a Bad Habit