Has junk food changed the way people live?

co11apse 5 / 16  
Food is the main source of energy for a human. Throughout the development of the human kind, people tried to make their food tastier and healthier. Nowadays, the food companies produce which has become easier and faster to prepare. In my opinion, this modern development of food changed the way people live because the cuisine is changing and people spend less time on cooking. However, some people are against the easy-to-prepare food because they consider it unhealthy.

I think that it is really convenient that there appeared new type of food which is easy and fast to prepare. This can help busy people to save time on cooking and have some extra time when they are free from work. In my case, easy-to-prepare food helps me to save time before going to school. For example, for breakfast I eat cereal which do not require any process of cooking. That allows me to get up later and not to waste time on cooking some other food.

Another reason why I think precooked food changed the way people live is that a person nowadays may not be a good cook but still have a tasty meal. In grocery shops you can buy a half prepared meal which you only need to prepare in the microwave oven. For example, I like buying a pizza which I can prepare at home in 15 minutes. Moreover, it is fairly cheap and the quality is very good.

Some people have negative opinion about easy-to-prepare food. They say that we cannot see how this food is prepared on the factory and therefore it can be unhealthy. People who are against precooked food often join an organization which is called "slow food". The members of it protect food biodiversity and traditions of cooking.

In summary, some people do not think that easy-to-prepare food has changed the way we live, but others, including me, believe that this food has many advantages and soon it will change our lives even more.
Tucayana 1 / 5  
I think that it is really convenient that there appeared new type of food which is easy and fast to prepare-> I think it should be like this: I think that it is really convenient that new types of food, which are easy and fast to prepare, appeared.
sophienguyen92v 3 / 5  

I thinks there is no need to say because the cuisine is changing and people spend less time on cooking. However, some people are against the easy-to-prepare food because they consider it unhealthy. Just say because of the following reasons.

Moreover, I cannot understand the topic sentence of each paragraph :| Notably, an essay should use academic languages.
IamChristinaY 1 / 2  
Try to compare the food a little more.
OP co11apse 5 / 16  
Thanks everyone!
@sophienguyen92v If you read this, tell me whether it is clear for you now :) If not... say what you don't understand.
I revised the essay, green color stands for corrections:

Food is the main source of energy for a human. Throughout the development of human kind, people tried to make their meals tastier and healthier. Nowadays, food companies produce precooked food which can be prepared in a short time . In my opinion, this modern development of food has changed the way people live because it doesn't take much time and skills to be prepared. However, some people are against the easy-to-prepare food because they consider it unhealthy.

Precooked food can help people spend less time on preparing meals. Busy people save time on cooking and have some extra time when they are free from work. In my case, easy-to-prepare food helps me to save time before going to school. For example, for breakfast I eat cereal which does not require any process of cooking. That allows me to get up later and not to waste time on cooking some other food.

Being a bad cook is not a problem anymore. Anyone can have a tasty meal for a fair price these days. In grocery shops you can buy a half prepared meal which you only need to prepare in the microwave oven. For example, I like buying a pizza which I can prepare at home in 15 minutes. Moreover, it is does not cost much money and the quality is very good.

In summary, some people do not think that easy-to-prepare food has changed the way we live, but others, including myself , believe that this food has many advantages and soon it will change our lives even more.
sophienguyen92v 3 / 5  
It is much clearer I think. However, you should not mention it doesn't take much time and skills to be prepared. However, some people are against the easy-to-prepare food because they consider it unhealthy . Since it is only a introduction paragraph, just say the main topic of the essay and your opinion (agree/ disagree). For example,

" Food is regarded as one of the most concerns in the society. Since ancient times, various techniques and efforts have been applied for the purpose of making food more easier to prepare. It is argued that this has brought changes in the way people live. I agree with this statement because of the following reasons."

That's my opinion :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Has junk food changed the way people live?