Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

TOEFL- juvenile delinquency and critical situations

lyao1690 2 / 1  
Recent years, the number of crimes committed by young people in major cities throughout the world is increasing. Discuss this issue. Give reasons and suggest some solutions.

Recent years have seen the rise of juvenile delinquency in major cities around the globe, which has aroused people's concern.

On possible cause worth mentioning is that the adolescents are more exposed to the media, which contain excessive violence information, and hence pose negative impact on the adolescents. For the adolescents, it is hard to tell right from wrong by themselves in that age. Consequently, receiving excessive violence information may tempt them to imitate like that, perhaps just for fun. Besides, the Incompleteness of the Roles that parents should play as supervisors may play a factor in this issue. Nowadays, since parents are spending most of their time on their job, they overlook their children's education and development, resulting in the adolescents taking on the wrong track. Additionally, the increasing number of the young adults committing crimes in major cities is due to the enormous temptation in the cities. It is universally acknowledged that everyone wants to pursue fame and fortune. As the city is the hotbed for lust and temptation, it is likely that the teenagers fail to resist their carving for fortune and attempt to obtain them in a wrong way.

Considering the critical situations, carefully considered approaches are needed and higher priority must be given to. To begin with, domestic education ought to function properly, that is, parents had better keep their children out of trouble or help them out of it if they become involved. Meanwhile, the mass media might consider broadcasting violence-free programs for the adolescents. Moreover, the school should become actively involved in preventing its youth crime.

Young people often dislike and resent the adult world. They will do things to show that they are rebels.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL- juvenile delinquency and critical situations