Kang Lee: Can you really tell if a kid is lying? (TED Summary)

sasariri 17 / 25  
Most of the audience put their hands up when Kang Lee asked them if they ever lie in childhood. Adults believed some concerning about kid and lies. First, children started to lie at elementary school. Second, children are poor liars so we are easily to detect it. Last, if children lies at very young age, they must become pathological liars for life. All of three beliefs are wrong. The researcher convinced children to play guessing cards and the winner will get big gift but the researcher get out the room and told the children to do not peek the card. As soon as the teacher left the room, they peek the cards. A research in elementary school showed more than 80% children were peek the cards as soon as the teacher get out from the room and they lied about it. Lying is typical parts of development, they starts lie as young as 2 years old. Kang Lee also told that there were two main ingredients to make a good lying. First ingredient is mind reading, an ability to know that different people have different knowledge. Second is ability to control their facial expression, their speech, and body language known as self control. Young children have more mind-reading and self control ability, but in the future, we will easily to detect their lies using lie-detection technology that can reveal our hidden lies.
goldieu 5 / 8  
Hi sari,
I have some advice for you

- ... poor liars so we are easilyeasy to detect it
- Last, if children lies at very young age, they ...
- ... and the winner will get a big gift but the researcher gets out the room and told ...
- ... more than 80% children were peeking the cards as soon as the teacher ...
- Lying is typical parts of development, they starts lie as ...
- Second is an ability to control (...) language known as self-control.

Hope it helps :)
ashelarisa48 36 / 52 4  
Hi Sasariri! here are some feedback for you, hope this helps.

Most of the audiences put their hands up when Kang Lee asked them if they ever lie lied in childhood.

Adults believed some concerning about kid and lies. First, children started to lie at elementary school. Second, children are poor liars so we are easily to detect it. Last, if children lies at very young age,.. (I found some sentences used present simple while others used past simple. You have to be consistent in writing, does it give a general truth or a past context?)

... guessing cards and the winner will would get a big gift but the researcher should get out of the room and told ...

... left the room, they peeked the cards.

... showed more than 80% children were peek peeked the cards as soon as the teacher get got out from the room ...
korbansuspendcuy 8 / 18  
Hi..
I have some correction for you..

Most of the audience[audiences] put their hands up (...) if they ever [once] lie[lied] in childhood. Adults believed[believe] some concerning ...
Second, children are poor liars so [that] we are easily to detect it. Last, if children lies[lie] at very young age,..

Keep writing...
Cachaaaaaaaa 28 / 38 3  
Hi Sasariri
it is interesting video and you review it well
but here some advice to improve your writing

Last, if children lieslie at very young age

the winner willwould get big gift but the researcher getgot out the room and told the children to do not to peek the card

more than 80% children werepeeked the cards as soon ...

they starts lie as young as 2 years old

Kang Lee also told that there were two main ... (tell is transitive verb, you need to add more object)

we will be easily to detect their lies ... (will is modal, need bare infinitive after it, and easily is adverb, it needs to e before it)

Best wishes
ibal28 20 / 30 5  
Hi sasariri. I left some suggestions for you. Hope it can helps .

Most of the audienceaudiences put their (...) if they ever lielied in childhood.
Adults believedbelieve some concerning ...
... poor liars so we are easilyeasy to detect it.
==> the adverb 'easily' should be an adjective.

Last, if children lieslie at very young age, ...
==> singular verb 'lies' do not appear to agree with the plural subject children

... the winner will get A big gift but the researcher getgets out the room and ...
==> The plural verb 'get' does not appear to agree with the singular subject the researcher.

... more than 80% children were peekwere peeking the cards as soon as the ...
==> that the form of the verb peek does not work with were in this sentence

... of development, they startsstart lie as young as 2 years old.
==> It appears that the subject pronoun they and the verb starts are not in agreement.

The First ingredient is mind reading, an ability ...
Second is THE ability to control (...) known as self controlself-control .
==> self control is missing a hyphen. Consider adding the hyphen.

... more mind-reading and self controlself-control ability, but in the future, ...

Keep writing!!!
Fitri12 28 / 53 6  
Hi Sasa, it's my pleasure to share regarding your writing.

Sorry to say, your writing is confusing, since we are unable to highlight its essential messages and meaning.
Thus, pay more attention to your writing's flow.

Thank you. Feel free to visit my Thread and give comments, as well.

Home / Writing Feedback / Kang Lee: Can you really tell if a kid is lying? (TED Summary)