Keep analyzing the decisions of the authority to prevent fraud and promote democracy

tanvik 1 / 3  
Please review my SAT essay n grade it on a scale of 1 to 6..

It is necessary to challenge what people in authority claim to be true. Our leaders could be experts in their fields but lets not forget that they are also mere human beings capable of being misguided just like everyone else. Plus not all decisions or ideas of theirs can satisfy each and every person under them.Therefore ,it is necessary to reason out ,challenge with new ideas and demand explanations from the people in authority for the healthy functioning and of an organization ; failing of which would result in nothing but a stagnant and old school functioning with no kind of development taking place.

Most of our scientists of the medieval age were compelled to challenge the then prevailing authority of the church in order to enlighten the world with their newly acquired knowledge. As seen in the case of Galileo, his discovery of the earth not being the center of the universe and orbiting around the sun opposed the firm believes of the church.The authoritarian church obstinately believed that the sun moved around the earth. It did not want Galileo's findings to go public and and so put him under house arrest . Hence , its pretty clear that in this case the authoritarian rule was not just misled but was also depriving the rest of its followers from the truth.Not just Galileo other great scientists including Copernicus ,Isaac Newton were compelled to challenge the authority in order to bring about a change in the society's thinking. Another aspect is the consequences if these great men had not gone against the church and had readily accepted the church's believes. Till late the world would have lived under the false assumptions of the church and development would have have a far fetched idea.

In the recent times we have witnessed many countries, including Libya,Nepal , overthrowing monarch rule in their countries.Iraq struggled to get rid of Saddam Husein's dictatorship under which his own people suffered under his ruthlessness.In all these cases the authority could not be questioned and had to be accepted by the people. Democracy which is now prevailing in these countries is now the most popular form of government as it does not ascertain power only in a few hands.It is only this type of government where the ruler or the person in authority has to be accountable to his people and take decision in accordance with them. The core of the democracy lies in mass participation of people in decision making i.e, sharing of power. It has a relatively satisfactory impact on people as compared to non-democratic countries which are still struggling for democracy.

Thus people should keep analyzing the decisions of their authority and should contribute to the decision making process through their own idea and views.The authority should not be shaping the view of an organization rather should be itself be representing the organizations ideas and thinking.
OP tanvik 1 / 3  
i have not elaborated on the second example.its more of a generalized observation of the current scenario...is that OK?
ibsurd2012 1 / 9  
Hey There

Personally, I would give your essay a 5, because I think the content is relevant, examples are effectively integrated and the use of language seems more than adequate. Good luck with your prep ;). Please review my essay on the same question as I would like to hear what you think. Thanks
OP tanvik 1 / 3  

is it necessary to challenge th ideas and the believes of the authorities?

Home / Writing Feedback / Keep analyzing the decisions of the authority to prevent fraud and promote democracy