The kids are alright - if you leave them alone

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
From two western parenting books: The Gardener and the Carpenter by Alison Gopnik and The End of American Childhood by Paula Fass.

Both of the books reveal how parenting has shifted over the 20th century. In this present era, Western parents have made a lot of rules given a dozen of advice for their children. As the result, it has made a number of children get stressful.

Gopnik wrote that parents just like a gardener who provides a fertile soil and looks after their plants naturally. Parents, therefore, should care to their children proportionally in order that they can fully develop their talents or ambitions.

Whereas, Fass told that in the past, parenting just had a simple goal that thought to be able to survive. For instance, American Children were more independent because they worked and help their family also experienced slavery in the Civil War II.

newscientist.com/article/mg23130874-500-the-kids-are-alright-if-you-leave-them-alone/
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Eka, here's my take towards your article summary.

- In this present era, Western parents have made a lot of rules givenby giving a dozen of advice for their children.
- As thea result, itthis has made a number of children get stressful. (double verb)
- Parents, therefore, should take care toof their children proportionally in order thattothey can fully develop their talents or ambitions.
- WhereasIn the past , Fass told thatin the pastthat parenting just had a simple goal that thought to be able to survive.(confusing)to make the children survive.

- ...more independent because they worked and helped their family. Moreover, they also experienced slavery in the Civil War II.

That's it Eka, my suggestion is that just be more careful in writing a sentence, especially a complex sentence. As you can see, there are still some inaccuracies that need to be modified. I just want to remind you that Microsoft word is good because it has spell checker. But, please do not rely on the "grammar checker" on Microsoft word because it only has low accuracy. The weakness of that grammar-checker is that it doesn't care about the meaning. That's why, some of your sentences are quite confusing.

Hope this helps :)
Dennis65 4 / 16  
Greetings.. I agree with everything that Inchanpants has said. Pay more attention to your sentence construction, make sure that you words connects so that you come up with a good sentence.

Home / Writing Feedback / The kids are alright - if you leave them alone