'What you've got to know about RTHK' - Is my essay clear enough?

scarlettrose 1 / 1  
Okay so my teacher asked me to browse through the website of a radio channel and look at its clips and documentaries and gave us the question:What you've got to know about RTHK

I wrote this:

RTHK is perhaps the monopoly of broadcasting channel with a focus on radio broadcast in Hong Kong. With 9 radio channels to choose from, one could tune in to their favorite talk shows, to listen to topics that vary from celebrity interviews to news events. TV documentaries, on the other end, add flavor to a social perspective by accommodating audiences to visual representation, enriching their knowledge with videos and clips.

RTHK, despite its role as a media that invariably suggests unbiased report, it is nevertheless a victim of its own success. With a base of its own supporters, RTHK prides itself in providing diversified information to its users. However, in the process, quality and much depth to the issue is compromised. In other countries, we see channels like Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, and National Geographic, however the comprehensive details those channels offer can only be a distant dream of most Hong Kongers. This stems from the fact that though RTHK displayed a somewhat versatile aspect in a social context, it is by no means superficial. With each topic merely an hour or so, to what extent is it suffice to elucidate an issue and present multiple viewpoints to the audience?

Browsing through the contents of RTHK's database, one will notice its broad choices. It goes from micro view of personal issues like 'dating', to the macro aspect of the social fabric, for instance, the appointment of the chief executive. As comprehensive as the channel on the surface seems, there is also a saying: 'you can't have everything without losing something' that goes against this romanticized belief. One would only need a tad bit of common sense to have this realization dawn on them before they say the channel gets one covered with the knowledge they need, especially when they have already grown numbed and accustomed to news 'spoon feeding' Instead of letting the media choose what they are 'meant' to watch, shouldn't the public take hold of their lives and watch what they 'like' to watch?

So what do you guys think?? In terms of organization, language accuracy and content-wise. Since we only have 300-400 word limit I could not write much. But basically I just follow my line of thinking and came up with this.

Please aside from correcting my grammar also and most importantly give some comments or suggestions on how to improve.
Thank you!!
Va_lencia 2 / 2  
RTHK is perhaps a monopoly of broadcasting channel with a focus on radio broadcasting in Hong Kong.

however the comprehensive details that those channels offer can only be a distant dream of most Hong Kongers.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'What you've got to know about RTHK' - Is my essay clear enough?