'knowing own culture' - Should all students study the same curriculum?

jinx 1 / 2  
The author's claim that a nation should have the same curriculum is completely
suported . Education untill entering the college must be the same for every
citizen in a country as it helps in a fair competition among the students
across the country . As a nation like india contains a large no of states ;
if the states are allowed to make the school curriculum then each state would
have a different studying pattern which can be a hinderance to the growth of
nation as a whole . Since the students cannot compete when they come together
on a national level , and the competition might not be fair as it would
support the one's who have studied the courses in their academic's .

Consider a country like in india where in the state decides the curriculum until
12th standard . So for undergraduate studies students need to give an all india
level test , thus making the students study differently for the two tests and
sophisticating their career . Instead a national curricumlum would be beneficial
as it would help them concentrate on a single syllabus thus simplifying the task .

Also when the students family travels from one place to another due to transfers
in government jobs , they find it difficult to adjust due to the discrepancies in
the syllabi . Hence when competing at a national level students are not judged on
the same platform .

However , there must be special rights given to the states so that they can make
additional subjects available which can be optional and can be managed at the state
level . In california some subjects realted to the history of the state are made available
so the students can study the culture and tradition of the state they are living in .
Thus helping the students grow knowing their culture too .

For a nation to develop equally a national curriculum is a must .
holylua 5 / 15 2  
Pay specific attention to your spelling. How frustrated it is to read a essay with multiple spelling errors!

As a nation like india contains a large no of states

don't use abbreviation

. Since the students cannot compete when they come together
support the one's who have studied the courses in their academic's

I don't understand your point here. What do you mean by the competition here?

lots of spelling errors and bad sentence structures. I don't understand about two tests in the paragraph? It would be great to write more about it
Hi
I know you are a newbie here. So I wish to stress on a few forum rules. You need to open this type of essays in the Writing Feedback forum. I found it in Graduate essays and transferred it to the right forum. Also, it is good to mention the purpose (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE etc) of your essay in the topic itself. I guess this is for GRE practicing :)

Then, include the prompt in your essay. That helps you earn more relevant comments :)
OP jinx 1 / 2  
Hi ,
Thanx for your valuable comments. Yes i am practicing for GRE and would like to know more about how to write a better essay ?? Please guide me in writing more better and quality essay !!!
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
Consider a country like in india where in the state decides the curriculum untilup to the 12th standard.

So for undergraduate studies students need to give an all indiaIndia level test , thus making the students study differently for the two tests and sophisticating their career

This would make students to pass a common national level examination in order to qualify for their undergraduate studies in which they would follow different courses to pursue the major fields of their interest.

So for undergraduate studies students need to give an all india

.... I feel you need to rephrase this part. Your idea does not seem to be flowing logically :(

Home / Writing Feedback / 'knowing own culture' - Should all students study the same curriculum?