Knowledge of book is mandatory to learning new things as well as to continue old incomplete research

jems007 5 / 10  
It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

The knowledge from book and knowledge form experience is a counterpart of each other. Knowledge of book is mandatory to learning new things as well as to continue old incomplete research. Despite theory gives deep knowledge about particular subject, there is no use of it if it is not applicable in practical or if it fails in practical. This abolishment of theory comes to known by practical experience. Therefore said is true that not everything that is learned is contained in books.

The book is a foundation of building and experience is superstructure of it. Building is incomplete without foundation as well as only with foundation. Book is source of knowledge, but while it comes in practical use it may differ from theory which explained in book. The reason behind this is, it is possible to imagine each and everything in book but in practical one may face difficult situation which is not prescribed in book. Moreover, book can't explain practical things as good as experienced in practical work. It may possible that one's field experience lead to change the theory of book.

Secondly, we prefer to take education in higher school or in graduation, but it is useless if we don't know how to apply in field. For example, if one know all about television. Though, he or she has theoretical knowledge about TV. Like how to repair and all, it is useless until they performed it practically. They can't confirm with theory until they perform practically. Indirectly they are trained for practical situation. This is reason behind, why colleges provide internship to medical student before giving degree and why colleges should include industrial training in curriculum.

To sum up, knowledge gained from book is primary level to learn particular things. Knowledge is incomplete without knowledge of practical experience.
suve 4 / 8  
Hi,
Please give some thought for the following;
Despite theory gives deep knowledge about particular subject, there is no use of it if it is not applicable in practicalpractise or if it fails in practicalpractise . This abolishment of theory comes to known by practical experience. (this idea is not very clear. What are you trying to tell?) Therefore saidthe old proverb, is true that "not everything that is learned is contained in books" has a deep meaning .
OP jems007 5 / 10  
Despite theory gives deep knowledge about particular subject, there is no use of that theory if it is not applicable in field or it fails to perform desire result. This failure of theory is come to known only by practical experience...

Proverb is already stated in asking statement thats why i said that...therefore said is true that...

thanks
suggest me if there are more corrections....

Home / Writing Feedback / Knowledge of book is mandatory to learning new things as well as to continue old incomplete research