Knowledge gained from real life?; Books are better resource for gain knowledge

abc1400 17 / 32  
It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? why?

Theses days knowledge is power so the most significant task for us is gain more and more knowledge. There are several ways to gain knowledge and each of them has their owns pros and cons. According to me, we can learn a lot from experience. However, books are a better resource for learning.

The first and foremost reason is that reading books is a easier and safer way than experiencing different activities. For example, If you seek for a piece of information, you can easily find related book in your local library. otherwise if you want to learn by experience you should prepare a related situation and sometimes it is impossible.

Furthermore, books are a good resource in a wide variety of knowledge aspects. It is impossible for us to be expert in all science fields, but it is easy for us to know by reading related books. For example you can know about the Milky Way by reading different documents, but it is impossible to go to space and find out by your experience.

Last but not least, books are more reliable resources. When a new book published, different experts and scientist read that book and if they find a mistake on that book, helps the author to solve that. Therefore, their contents are accurate and confirmed by different people. It is very hard for us to check our experience that is accurate or not.

To sum up, Although you never forget your knowledge that comes from your experience, they are very limited. Books are better resource for gain knowledge because they are reliable and cover various sciences.
Mai Chu 14 / 17 1  
Hey ABC1400,

I wrote about this topic before, so it is easier to give you some comments. :d

Firstly, remember the topic requires you to compare and contrast, so you should mention the experience and the book as well.

I think it would be better if you have 3 paras: 1st about the books, pros and cons, 2nd about the experiences, pros and cons and 3th you should make your decision about what should be more effective.

Secondly, never use "According to me", you have more phrases to express your ideas: In my opinion, From my point of view...

Good luck to you. Taking the toelf test right?
OP abc1400 17 / 32  
Thanks a lot Susan & Mai Chu for your comments.

Home / Writing Feedback / Knowledge gained from real life?; Books are better resource for gain knowledge