Lack of interpersonal skills. Causes and Solutions?

manhmoc 3 / 5 5  

Qualities required by employees

Some businesses find that their new employees lack basic interpersonal skills, such as cooperative skills. What are the causes and suggest some possible solutions.

Recently there are complaints among employers about the absence of interpersonal skills in the young labor. There are several explainable reasons for that issue, and also feasible solutions to adopt.

Failure to cooperate with the others between new employees may be attributed to some causes. Today advanced technology has enabled people to lead an extremely convenient life, which consequently results in a sedentary lifestyle and a decline in social gathering. With less in-person interaction, a number of youngsters gradually struggle with the loss of confidence and communication skill. Furthermore, nowadays lots of young people choose to live alone or in small family instead of in a traditional big family, and some of them are financially independent very soon. This particular trend may contribute, more or less, to undermine social bonding even inside family, the very first and the ultimate form of community.

However, it is crucial that steps be taken to tackle the issue. In educational institutions, a less passively teacher-led and more about autonomous learning method which includes teamwork discussion, pairing assignment, idea exchanging and debate should be highly promoted. Besides, teachers should create an active learning environment where students support each other and eliminate unhealthy competence. In firms and companies, training sessions, as well as team-building program should be established on a regular basis. For example, company trip on holiday with game for groups like Pictionary may help breaking barriers and enhancing fellowship between staff.

In conclusion, although some possible caused can be identified to thoroughly understand the businesses' concern, there are practical measures for us to improve interpersonal skills of the present young labor.
Dang Khoa 11 / 42  
Wow great ideas that u have put into your essay.EXCELLENT :) !.
hOwEveR :), i would show you some really minor grammatical mistakes of yours like : "Recently "," there are complaints ... absence of interpersonal skills(this should be paraphrased) in the young labor. There are(bc u have already used it :D)Some several explainable reasons will be given for that issue..."

"Failure" Fail to cooperate ... Today ,advanced technology ... lead an extremely(i dont think u need to be so accurate like this) convenient life, ... results in a sedentary(damn nice word :) ) lifestyle and ...

Para 3 is nearly perfect to me so i dont think i will give any comments toward it :D.
BUTTTTT! I think some parts have the word "skill", u could have replaced it with some words that i know like "technique" :).
So good luck pal and hope you do better next time xD!
otgon 2 / 3  
@manhmoc
Your essay's idea is great , I think. However, i am not sure you have stated your idea completely by this "Furthermore, nowadays lots of young ... "

I think you should state clearly about how the living alone affects to interpersonal skills.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@manhmoc

Hello there!

Firstly, I recommend trying to trim down the content of your sentences to make them digestible and easier to compartmentalize. Doing this will help you have more space to elaborate the pivotal portions of the essay, keeping in mind that you should focus more on depth compared to every other factor. I think that the writing techniques that you have as of the moment are quite impressive already - however, there's room for optimizing the essay by omitting lines that you do not need.

Let's take a look at your essay to show what I mean by these comments.

Recently t There are ... There are several explainable reasons for that the issue, and ... to adopt.

Failure to cooperate with the others between new employees may be attributed to some causes. Today a Advanced ... to lead an extremely convenient life, ... and a decline in socialization gathering. With less in-person interactions, a number of youngsters ... communication skills.

In addition, evading the use of filler or buffer lines will also help you trim down your essay.

Take a look at this revision:

This particular trend may contribute, more or less, to undermineing the social bonding even inside family, the very first and the ultimate form of community.

Notice how you do not need to mention that it's a particular trend, considering that it does not contribute to your essay's content.

Best of luck as always!
buiminhese 4 / 6 1  
Dear manhmoc,

Your essay is really impressive and smooth. Below are some of my suggestions:

1. "pairing assignment". I think it should be "assignment pairing", similar to "idea exchanging"
2. pay attention to the articles. For example, "a ... program" or "... programs", "a company trip", games...

Home / Writing Feedback / Lack of interpersonal skills. Causes and Solutions?