Essay about "what I would do with some land"

maryna_lm 3 / 2  
Topic: imagine thet you have received some land to use as you wish. how would you use this land? use specific details to explain your answer.

Essay:

I love animals, especially cats. It really saddens me to hear about animal shelters and how most animals they rescued had to be euthanized. If I was given a piece of land and were able to use it any way I wanted, I would build a cat shelter. I think we need more no-kill animal rescue centers capable of offering good adoption supervision and cleaner facilities where the animals can enjoy more freedom.

The shelter's main characteristic would be a "no- kill" policy. I believe that animals should have the same rights as humans, and we shouldn't decide their destiny for them. The rescue center would be big enough to offer shelter to a huge amount of cats. In the case it ever becomes full, "foster homes" would be provided for the felines. Foster homes are people who take the cats to their homes temporarily until someone else adopts them, or space becomes available in the shelter.

Most animal shelters have no control of the adoption process. Anyone can adopt an animal, regardless of their capability to take care of them or of their plans to keep them forever. If I could use that land to build a cat shelter I would have a strict adoption screening process. The person willing to adopt a cat would have to submit an application in which they would include details such us economic situation or housing and family conditions. This should help evaluating whether the cat would be in a good environment. Each person would be interviewed in order to evaluate if they are psychologically able to take care of the animal. This process would help reduce the number of abandoned animals.

If I could build a cat shelter, I would make sure it had excellent hygiene and living conditions for the animals. Most shelters keep the cats in very small crates, by themselves. I would like to build a shelter with big ventilated rooms for the cats, where they could enjoy freedom, exercise, and could play with the other cats. Since cats love sun bathing and playing, I would build the center with big windows. The cats would have plenty of toys and cat trees to exercise.

I would use the given land to provide a better environment for rescued cats. I think that if the cats were cleaner, healthier and able to play around, more people would be attracted to the idea of adopting them.
we should not decide their destinies for...

capability to take care of them or of whether or not they plan to keep them forever.

I think it would help if you described good use of, say, two acres of land. Describe an outdoor facility.

I could not find many mistakes to correct! Good job.

Kevin

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about "what I would do with some land"