TOEFL: Is There More Need for Land To Be Left In Natural Condition Or To Be Developed for Industry

cirora 3 / 3  
In Your Country, Is There More Need For Land To Be Left In Its Natural Condition Or Is There More Need For Land To Be Developed For Housing And Industry?

Choosing if the land has the need to be developed or it has the need to be left as it is, it's not easy because one's decision, in this respect, is influenced by a number of different factors. Dealing with this question may be very difficult because in my country, but, I believe in every country, there is the necessity to make money and, building houses and industries is the fastest way. On the other hand, land must be left in its condition in order to allow people to grow in a healthy environment. Hence, I support people who want to leave the land as it is, otherwise will our babies know the color of a tree?

One of the reasons, as to why I feel in this way is that also land can give profits. Although new industries make new jobs, this is also true for tourism. This sector is important for many nations and, in some cases, this is the only income that they have. In some countries such as Croazia, Greece there are only some industries and their primary source is tourism. In my country, Campania, industries have destroyed many landscaped and some people think that in the Amalfi Coast should be built some industries. For people who don't know the Amalfi Coast, this place is a beautiful paradise dug in the rocks and, fortunately, this will never change because this area has been declared one of the most amazing in Italy.

In addition, I believe that preserving land is necessary in order to help young people to understand values and importance of mother nature. In my country there are too many industries and their are destroying our nature through toxic chemical, vapors, etc... I strongly believe that land helps us to protect the environment allowing to breathe pure air and, if we continue to build house or industries, there will be only impure air. This is a non-return point because land and all trees in it are the consequences of thousand years of growing.

In summary, building industries in my country will bring to an irreparable damage to the environment decreasing tourism and damaging the environment. Hence, I think that we need more space for land rather than for human constructions because, once we will have built all industries and there will be only a few trees, the only landscapes that will see are only some arrangement of bricks.

P.S. Am I off-topic? Do I accomplish the trace of the theme? Are the examples relevant for this essay?
aviniwirastri [Contributor] 10 / 35 11  
the opening paragraph is so beautiful. i like to read it.
in the Amalfi Coast should be built some industries.

this area has been declared as one of the most amazing places in Italy.

theirthey are destroying our nature

if we continue to build houses or industries

building industries in my country will bring to an irreparable damage to the environment and will decreaseing tourism and damageing the environment.

the only landscapes that we will see are only some arrangement of bricks.

based on the question, i think you go off.
you just need to describe the condition of your country, the question does not ask your opinion or what the best should be?
i think you go too deeply in your own assumption. just present the fact, describe the condition and reason.

it is my opinion, i apologize if i'm mistaken.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: Is There More Need for Land To Be Left In Natural Condition Or To Be Developed for Industry