IELTS task 1: landscape differences in Stokeford Village

angga93 42 / 74 20  
The maps compare the difference of landscape in the village of Stokeford in 1930 and 2013. Overall, this rural area had changed tremendously over the eight-decade period. There are some noticeable alteration in the proportion of infrastructures and farmland. Beside that, some building remain unchanged or just experienced a little diference.

The village's landscape saw an immense change in the number of buildings, stroke roads and farm areas. In 1930, only 10 houses were located in the northside of the village, then more of them had been constructed along side the road. Moreover, the main road had been expanded, forking through the west and east side region in 2010. These houses and roads construction caused a total elimination of farmland which was scaterred 80 years earlier, and demolition of shopping areas near the post office. In addition, the large house which was located in the northern area experienced major alteration, becoming retirement home which had fewer garden area due to building expansion.

Although the landscape had become very different between those years, some structures only showed a minute change. The bridge which was connecting this village into the northside area across Stroke River did not altered at all. The post office also stood still between the main road and the river. Then, the location of primary school opposite to post office did not changed as well, but the building had been expanded.

The maps compare the difference of IN landscape in the village ...... There are some noticeable alterationS in the proportion of infrastructures and farmland. BesideS that, some buildingS remainED unchanged or just experienced a little diference DIFFERENCE.

... houses were located in the northside North side of the village, .... These houses and roads constructionS caused a total elimination of THE farmland which was scaterred SCATTERED ACROSS THE MAP 80 years earlier, and ALONG WITH THE demolition of shopping areas near the post office. ... , becoming A retirement home ...

... The bridge which was connecting this WHICH CONNECTED THE village into TO the northside area NORTH SIDE across Stroke River did not RECEIVE ANY altered ALTERATION at all. ... Then, the location of THE primary school opposite to post office did not changed as well...
aflah15 32 / 18 4  
There are some noticeable alterationS in the proportion of infrastructures and farmlandS. Beside that, some buildingS remain unchanged or just experienced a little diFference.

These houses and roads constructionS caused a total elimination of ...
...In addition, the A large house which was located in ...

The bridge which was connecting CONNECTED THE this village into TO the

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 1: landscape differences in Stokeford Village