Language acquistion from the early age.

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages ?

It is believed that taking up another language since elementary school instead of secondary school is more beneficial. In my opinion, I am in agreement with this idea.

In some cases, there are still people who think that beginning learning a foreign language at an early stage has a lot of drawbacks. For instance, they believe language acquisition might not be fun and too difficult for their kids since children at this age should only do the things they enjoy like playing, drawing or learning basic things. However, there are various ways to learn a new language these days such as: they can choose to learn through apps designed as video games so that they can play and study at the same time or just simply by singing interesting songs to learn new words. Therefore, I do not think letting the children learn new things early will address any remarkable problems.

On top of that, teaching a foreing language will bring several advantages for the students. Firstly, children are like sponges, they absorb new information unconsciously which means the sooner they learn another language, the more effectively it will be. Secondly, if they have been studying this language since primary school, they will have a firm foundation which is really helpful when they study higher. Take myself as an example, I have studied English since I was five years old so now compared to some of my peers, I find it easier to catch up with this subject at school.

In conclusion, not only is it diverse and helpful, language acquisition is also really fun and I think its positive effects obviously outweigh the negative one.
An opinion based on the author's point of view (disagreement) with the idea presented is not in question and therefore, should not be the opinion response in the restatement + opinion paragraph. The required response, that would have been in accordance with the expected format is the response that was provided in the concluding summary instead;

I think its positive effects obviously outweigh the negative one.

This opinion should have been mentioned twice in the essay. The first time within the restatement at the beginning and then again in the concluding summary at the end. By providing the required opinion at the end of the essay,. the writer has guaranteed the failing score of his essay based on an irrelevant response (I am in agreement with this idea.) within the topic restatement + opinion section of the essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Language acquistion from the early age.