IELTS: WRITING TASK 2: LANGUAGE DIED OUT

dumen88 1 / -  

Every year several languages die out.

Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Nowadays, it is true that the extinct of language is growing. Several people claimed that the extinction of some languages is not a crucial problem while others have others opionion. While I accept there are numberous advantages, the disadvantages are more significant.

On one hand, if all of people use language together, there are a lot of opportunities to bolster economic growth. This indicates breaking language barriers connects people and let them understand others, facilitate business transaction . Therefore, residents discover golden opportunities to florish economy. For example, Singapo is a great example because Singapro allows English to be the first language. As a result, investors from others countries easily join to business in that country.

On the other hand, reducing the number of language gradually leaves culture diversities at stake. This implies that languages are embedded by feature of culture such as custom, costumes, so on. Therefore, the loss of languages pays price by the lose of culture, resulting in a monotonous world. Second, selecting what languages is the most merit language triggers conflicts. This means that a host of debates of choose language which others are compulsory to follow never come to the end. Hence,wars are definitely able to happen all over the world . For example, recently, China forces HongKong to use Mardarin in stead of Cantonese. As a result, Hong Kong fights against China for protecting their language

In conclusion, the loss of languages will definitely cause many unanticipated negative impacts on our lives. The government should consider about this problem and figure out to protect languages.

262 words
The essay will get a failing TA score and because of that, an overall failing score even though the exam taker completed the essay writing task. This is because he made a mistake in 3 areas:

- Incorrect prompt restatement:
A truth was mentioned rather than the rewording of "Every year", which is a central part of the discussion foundation. No explanation as to why the people are not bothered by the death of languages, which was included in the original establishing prompt.

- Incorrect discussion response:
A response to the question "To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement" was expected. Instead, the exam taker indicated a response based on advantages or disadvantages. The opinion presented is not aligned with the original question being asked.

- Incorrect discussion format
With the incorrect discussion response comes an incorrect discussion format. The overall reasoning presentation is not based on the given discussion requirements. Rather, the writer changed the discussion basis with his response and proceeded to respond in the same manner. It is no longer aligned with the necessary scoring considerations.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: WRITING TASK 2: LANGUAGE DIED OUT