IELTS - the largest percentage of consumer spending in each country went on food/drinks/tobacco

Traveler 6 / 14 2  
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relavant. Write at least 150 words

This is my answer

The table illustrates the proportion of money spent by consumers on three different categories of goods and services in five countries in 2002.

It is noticeable that the largest percentage of consumer spending in each country went on food/drinks/tobacco, while the lowest on leisure/education. Furthermore, Turkey and Ireland were the countries with the highest overall proportion of expenditure.

In 2002, spending on food, drinks and tobacco was particularly higher in Turkey and Ireland, at around 32% and 29% respectively. By contrast, the corresponding figure for Sweden was much lower, at nearly 16%. In addition, Sweden had also the lowest percentage of consumer expenditure for the clothing/footwear category, at 5.40%.

The table also shows that the highest proportion of spending on leisure/education was in Turkey, at 4.35%, whereas the lowest was in Spain, at only 2%. On the other hand, Italy had a significantly higher percentage of consumer expenditure for clothing/footwear, at 9%.

Any comment is appreciated. Thanks.

MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Overall, this is a good essay :)

while the lowest on leisure/education

while leisure and education accounted for the lowest proportion.
ladyjoy 3 / 10  
very good summarising! I do not know much about writings but I noticed repetitive using of the word 'spending'. in some tips I saw that we should use synonyms.

p.s.: Thank you for help!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - the largest percentage of consumer spending in each country went on food/drinks/tobacco