IELTS should be a law to control violence in tv?

hyperione 5 / 11  
Everyday there are even more concerns about the violence in TV. Nowadays the TV is the most used media. It has a big influence in the modern society because of the spread of culture and information all over the world. Unfortunately the instrumentalization of the TV for the enrichment of the television corporations brings to the creation of programs and movies for the masses.

The tastes of the masses however has always been vulgar. The people loves to see on TV violence and blood because the instinct of violence is in the human nature. Thorough the centuries this thirst of blood never stopped, and some examples are the roman battles of gladiators, the medieval heretic persecutions and the inquisition. Even today the animal part and the basic instincts persist in us.

The TV give us a wrong idea of violence, seen like the only way for the hero to overcome all the difficulties, meanwhile in real life the problems can be overcome only with words and cleverness. This is very dangerous for the young generations who have a distorted perception of what is good and what is bad. A child which see the wrestling on TV, eg, will go to school and will try the wrestling moves with the classmates.

On the other hand, however, the parents can easily prohibit to the sons to see particular types of programs. Indeed on the TV there are a lot of educational and entertaining programs. Another way to avoid to see violence in TV is to read a good book and to turn off the TV for a while. If no one looked violent programs, soon this last will disappear.

Surely the violence in TV is dangerous from some points of view but is unthinkable the existence of censorship in a modern and liberal society.

All corrections are welcome... thnks!
Every day ---Two words here.--- there are even more concerns about the violence in TV.

Unfortunately the instrumentalization of the TV for the enrichment of the television corporations brings to the creation of programs and movies for the masses.

The tastes of the masses however has always been vulgar.---Sadly, this does seem to be true.

The people love to see on TV violence and blood because the instinct of violence is in the human nature.

Throughout the centuries this thirst for blood never stopped, and some examples are the R oman battles of gladiators, the...

The TV give us a wrong idea of violence, seen like the only way for the hero to overcome all the difficulties, meanwhile in real life the problems can be overcome only with words and cleverness.---Great point!

On the other hand, however, the parents can easily prohibit their children from seeing particular types of programs.

Good luck with school and have fun!

:)
OP hyperione 5 / 11  
thank u!!
i have a question to do, in tv can be used like on tv? a friend claims that i can t.
Easyresearch - / 6  
Another way to avoid seeing violence on TV is to read a good book and to turn off the TV for a while. If no one looked at violent programs, soon this problem will disappear.
I think 'in' tv would be used more for the business of people who work behind the scenes for programming, like 'I work in tv news production'. If you're watching it, it's 'on' tv. So in a way, you're both right! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS should be a law to control violence in tv?