'The lazy generation' - compare and contrast essay

kiaraaa123 1 / 1  
This is a comparison and contrast essay but I think is not look like that is about generations

The people born and living about the same time is what we call a generation. The time has passed, we born in a generation that we do not choose, it just happened. Why the lecture calls us "A Generation of Slackers" for more that people investigate about our different behavior we are going to keep changing and there will be a lot of generations. This lecture is about what people think about our generation now the "Millennials". How they see us that call us like that.

The big difference about generations then and now is the technology. For generation X and Y was when the technology was increasing. They don't have the accessibility that we have today. This is maybe why some of those generations complain about it. We can see those differences in work and education. Meanwhile, now technology makes life easier these days' people don't have to leave their house to work or pay bills and education teaching has improved.

Another difference is our ways of thinks for me people of that generation are more conservative, carefully and the only thing they do is work. Of course, each generation thinks different, but they are really traditional, limited and I think with more fears. On the other hand, because of the unlimited access we have, we want to challenge and explore new things. Is like we have that freedom that they don't have in their times. We don't think too much the things and we are careless like the lecture said we can be sometimes impatient and disrespectful.

All these differences are also what takes us to the things what we have in common nowadays. The technology has benefited both generations and help us in our work. They call us lassies, but they join the club because they want to have an easy life. With different ways of thinking of both it makes us have new ideas and that is they good thing. We can teach and complement each other.

Reading this lecture, the only thing that I can approve is that yes, we are lazy. For me, the big difference about the generation is the technology. This thing calls technology is what make us may go farther than other generation don't. But, where I can see this difference is with my parents. Obviously, their ways of think are not the same than mine and what I like about is that at some point they always learn about new thing thanks to us. And for things like that they make us be what with wanting but as always with supervision. A lecture like this make realize that and also that Times keep changing and we will adapt to all the new thing or a generation that will come.
ChristineB - / 108 55  
Hi kiaraaa. I'm going to work on your word choice to make your writing smoother. I've also typed some questions to help you think about things a bit more:

A "generation" consists ofThethe people who are born and living at aroundabout the same time is what we call a generation . The time has passed, we born in a generation that we do not choose, it just happened. Why the lecture calls us "A Generation of Slackers" for more that people investigate about our different behavior we are going to keep changing and there will be a lot of generations.(These sentences aren't clear. Explain what you are trying to say - I can help you make it sound right.)ThisThe lecture addressed is about whatwhat people think about our generation (now the "Millennials") . How they see us that call us like that.

TheOne big difference aboutbetween current and prior generations then and now is the familiarity with technology. ForgG enerations X and Y was when thewere coming of age during a time of rapid technology advancement, so people from these groups are usually familiar with the latest gadgets and programs.was increasing . TheyPeople from prior generationsdon't have the accessibilityare often not comfortable using the latest technologythat we have today,.This is maybe why some of those generationspossibly explaining why they complain about it. We can see thoseThis difference is evident in the workplace and educationeducational institutes. . Meanwhile, now technology makes life easier these days' people don't have to leave their house to work or pay bills and education teaching has improved.(In what way does this last sentence add to your main point? I think this is extra information that could be omitted).

Another difference between the current and prior generations is our ways of thinksthinking.In my opinion,for me people of thatfrom earlier generations are more conservative than people from my generation., carefully and the only thing they do is work.Of course, each generation thinks different, but they are really traditional, limited and I think with more fears.People from my generationOn the other hand, because of the unlimited access we have, we want to challenge (challenge what?) and explore new things. Is likeWw e have that freedom that they don'tearlier generations did not have have in their times(what exactly do you mean by "freedom"?) . Despite this, people from my generation tend to be careless, impatient, and disrespectful.We don't think too much the things and we are careless like the lecture said we can be sometimes impatient and disrespectful.

There are things that older and newer generations share. BothAll these differences are also what takes us to the things what we have in common nowadays. The technology has benefitedfrom technologyboth generations and help us in ourat work. (You earlier said that the use of technology at work was different for the older and newer generations, so this statement is not entirely logical. Maybe you meant that technology benefits both generations, whether members of the generations directly use technology or not...?)They call us lassies, but they join the club because they want to have an easy life.(This is unclear.)WithdD ifferent ways of thinking of both it makes us havecan cultivate new ideas,and that is theyalways a good thing. We can teach and complement each other.

Afterreading(usually you listen to lectures - was that the case here?) this lecture, the only thing that I can approve isagree with is that yes,wemembers of my generation can beare lazy. (After that first sentence, I would expect that you would now list all the ways you disagree with the lecture. I'm not sure you're doing that). For me, the big difference aboutbetweentheolder and newer generations is the technology. This thing calls technology is what make us may go farther than other generation don't.I have learned a lot about generational differences by studying my parents.But, where I can see this difference is with my parents. Obviously, we think differently about things, but I have discovered that they still appreciate my providing them with new information and skills.(Here I think you should address how you benefit from learning from them, too).their ways of think are not the same than mine and what I like about is that at some point they always learn about new thing thanks to us. And for things like that they make us be what with wanting but as always with supervision . AThis lecture like this makehelped me realize that different generations can learn from each other, and also that Tt imes will keep changing.and We willneed to adapt to all the new thing or a generations that will come.

I hope that has helped you!
OP kiaraaa123 1 / 1  
Christine thank you very much I really need to practice my grammar I find this page today im learning how to used Im really lost. if you need help with something is spanish let me know
ChristineB - / 108 55  
Kiaraaa123, thank you for your offer to help me with Spanish. How kind of you! I know more than the average, non-native Spanosh speaker, but am not fluent, so I'll keep your offer in mind.

I'm glad I could help you :)

Home / Writing Feedback / 'The lazy generation' - compare and contrast essay