A leader should become an open-minded person rather than having strong opinions

chichi 1 / -  
Some people believe that a leader should have a strong opinion and should not change his or her own mind, but others do not. However, in my opinion, I would consider that leader should be open-minded rather than having strong opinion as this would benefit the team and the society as whole.

To begin with, we can not always be right about everything, sometimes we make mistakes. What if a leader is wrong about something, yet, insisting on his or her stands without taking other's advices?

The team might end up facing various problems and failing, though, this can be prevented if the leader does not insist on his or her own stand. Yet, the leader who is open-minded and always listens from different opinions, the team may work smoothly with a right direction. In addition, sometimes, other people in the team may come up with a better idea and allows the team to work more efficiently and productively, leading the team to have a better work performance.

Furthermore, a leader who possesses strong opinions may end up bringing conflicts as people in the team may not always agree with the leader. As in the circumstance, if the leader only stands firm about his or her mind instead of consulting with teammates, the team may result in arguing with opposite perspectives. In other words, no one would prefer to work with a leader who always believes he or she is right, which is arrogant and rigid. A team should collaborate and communicate with others, even ultimately the decision is made by the leader. As a result, the conflict will certainly be avoided if everyone is open-minded and be communicative.

From the aforementioned, it can be concluded that a leader should not have a strong opinion and insist on his or her own stands rather than listen to others advices as this allows the team to work with harmony, also may have a chance to work more efficiently than before, leading a better work performance.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Chichi, welcome to EssayForum :)

Here's my analysis towards your essay, particularly on the first and the second paragraph. I hope you can follow through.

1st paragraph:
- ... I would consider that a leader should becomean open-minded person rather than having strong (...) and the society as a whole. (missing article might look simple but it can ruin the meaning)

2nd paragraph:
- ...wepeoplecannot always be right about everything but sometimes wethey make mistakes. (third person pronoun is preferable in an academic essay)
- What if a leader is wrong about something, yet, insisting on his or her stands without taking other's advices?If a leader makes mistake and ignores other people's advice, the team might end up...(You can simplify the sentence structure and combine it to the next sentence to make it clearer. Clarity is crucial.)

As you can see, some modifications have been addressed. So, you can continue proofreading the rest of your essay. I hope to see some improvements in the next essay practice. Good luck :)
ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
... his or her own mind, but others do notthink the reserve .

I would consider that the leader should be more open-minded rather ...

... and always listens from different opinions

the team may result inarguing argue withfor opposite perspectives

In other words, no one would preferwants to work with a leader (...) is right, whichor one who is arrogant and rigid.

Home / Writing Feedback / A leader should become an open-minded person rather than having strong opinions