"leader is like the captain in a boat"; what is the most important qualities of a person who guides?

Anouar 12 / 35  
Please grade my SAT essay out of 12:

Assignment:

What is the most important qualities of a leader?

Essay:

During centuries and from the dawn of civilization, leaders were the ones who take the burden of their nations their concerns, their ambitions and their dreams. That's why a leader must have vital qualities in order to deserve such a high position like Thatcher, Kennedy, Churchill and Truman.

A leader must be trustworthy. A trustworthy leader is loyal to the people of his country and beholden in political and economic favors to no one. He must clarify situations and never betray his people who have trusted him to lead them. Franklin Roosevelt was frank with American Nation during the great depression in 1920's; an era when the United States was looking for a solid and trustworthy leader to guide the country out of a financial mess. This reform prevents U.S. from falling into the abyss of dependence. His strong and clear handling of the situation proved that he was a true leader who was an expert in sound governance

A leader must be faithful. He must be a person with a conscience that will help him be strong in the face of corruption. Corruption can destroy nations through civil war caused by economic problems and a rise in terrorism when the governance of a nation is weak. . Corruption may consume the growth which must be, potentially, conveyed to low-income families and middle class in order to create weather, happier and more equal society and thus reaching prosperity. But, with Corruption growth rate cannot be materialized on the ground. Which lead to suffering among working class, manifested in poverty and um employment. This situation is an enough reason for revolution; Riots will topple the corrupted leaders which is not worthy of authority. Arab Spring is a case in this point when Ben Ali, Quaddafi, Selah and Mubarak fall apart just like domino in front of enraged youth in 2011.

A charismatic leader knows how to turn any leadership disadvantage into an advantage. They know how to turn enemies into fragile friends or silent opponents. George Washington and John F. Kennedy are examples of successful charismatic leaders who helped bring peace to their nation and built the image of their nation as a strong leader in the international community. .

A leader, finally, should have iron-will and never give up. On October, 29th, 1941 Winston Churchill went to his hometown of Harrow after a school was bombarded to deliver a speech and encourage pupils there to remains strong optimistic and never give up despite German warfare in order to build U.K. after the war.despite German warfare in order to build U.K. after the war. People think like throwing in the towel but Churchill was the one who never lost his vision toward his nation .This character is highly needed when moral is at stake and the nation is already sinking. Other famous speeches from Winston Churchill like " We Shall Fight them On The Beaches" remain graved in Briton's minds giving them a push to resist the woes of the war. History proves that this character is central to maintain a solid UK during the war which finally leads to Allies Victory in 1945.

To conclude, a leader is like a captain in a boat, unless he has the trust of his crew and passengers, has faith in himself and the people around him, and is strong willed and charismatic enough to get his ship the help it needs to get to shore.
Please allow me to offer some advice before I grade your essay :-)

- You can strengthen this introduction by mentioning some notable and historic leader names. For example, I would say : Thatcher,Kennedy, Churchill, Truman, Macarthur. These are last names that immediately call one image into mind, leadership. Throughout history people like them were the ones who led the world from times of war and strife to times of progress and development. These are some of the notable historical names that embody the best leadership qualities to be found in people.

- Instead of immediately launching into a statement, I think you would do well to first introduce the topic of the paragraph. For instance, you could say: Aside from the bravery and courage displayed by the aforementioned people, a true leader must be first and foremost, trustworthy.

- A trustworthy leader is loyal to the people of his country and beholden in political and economic favors to no one.
- A leader must clarify situations and never betray his people who have trusted him to lead them... 1920's, an era when the United States was looking for a solid and trustworthy leader to guide the country out of a financial mess.

- His strong and clear handling of the situation proved that he was a true leader who was an expert in sound governance.

In addition, a leader must be faithful. Corruption Racketeering, money laundry, Kickbacks are the abusive regimes. Corruption may consume the growth which must be.

- A leader must be faithful. He must be a person with a conscience that will help him be strong in the face of corruption. Corruption can destroy nations through civil war caused by economic problems and a rise in terrorism when the governance of a nation is weak.

Moreover, a leade

- A leader...

- A charismatic leader knows how to turn any leadership disadvantage into an advantage. They know how to turn enemies into fragile friends or silent opponents. George Washington and John F. Kennedy are examples of successful charismatic leaders who helped bring peace to their nation and built the image of their nation as a strong leader in the international community.

Churchill went to his born city Harrow, exactly to a bombarded school where he deliver a speech and encourage pupils there to remains strong optimistic and never give up despite German warfare in order to build U.K. after the war.

- Winston Churchill went to his hometown of ... after a school was bombarded to deliver a speech... .. remain strong, optimistic, and never give up...

To conclude, a leader is like the captain in a boat,he can never reach the coast safely unless he become trustworthy, faithful, charismatic and strong-willed.

-unless he has the trust of his crew and passengers, has faith in himself and the people around him, and is strong willed and charismatic enough to get his ship the help it needs to get to shore.

Overall, this is an essay that successfully answers the prompt. Although there are grammatical and punctuation errors, those mistakes do not diminish from the thoughts and sentiments that you provided. Even though some of your sentences were confusing, the essence of your message was there. Therefore, out of a total score of 12, if I were the examiner, I would give this essay a 10.

I hope you don't mind the suggestions and changes I made to your sentences and paragraphs. I meant those to serve as your guide in revising and further strengthening this essay :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / "leader is like the captain in a boat"; what is the most important qualities of a person who guides?