leader you think is important

vaishali1980 26 / 83  
India has a great history of leader who played crucial role in Indian revolution. Many leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Jawallal Nehru, Shivaji Mahraj helped country to be protect from outside invasion. In all those leaders, an important leader for me is Savitribai Poole. She is not much famous in the world but she is definitely famous in India mostly in the Maharashtra State. She contributed in women education, widow remarriage and social reform. There are many reasons that I do believe that she is an important leader for me.

The main reason is she graduated in a difficult situation. When she was born, British was ruling in India and people were backward. People believed on religion and many superstition. In that time, women couldn't take any decision herself; man used to beat and gave trouble to women. In difficult social situation she had completed her education. She got married and after marriage continued her education. Though she had opposition of family and society, her husband Mr. Joytiba Poole who encouraged her to complete her further education.

The second reason, she was first female teacher in first female school. She not only educated herself, she also took part in teaching other women and gave direction to their life. In her time women were not allowed to go out and do any outside activities. Women treated as maid and dependent on family. Savitribai lead to liberate women, gave education and encourage them. Backward thinking people gave her trouble in many ways. They thrown egg, tomato, cow dung to her face but also she didn't stop her work.

The third reason is she took effort on removal of untouchability. She helped her husband in revolution for untouchable people. In her school she taught all cast student together and treated to lower cast student same as upper cast.

She had struggled for women for equal rights in male dominant society. Now people are changed and encouraging their daughter or sister for education. Nowadays we, women are free and going outside without a fear for education, shopping and all other reason because of her strive.
cjarvis341 1 / 5  
she graduated in a difficult situation

I would check your grammar and spelling here. There are a few words left out (see above) and some strangely worded sentences. Also, I think it would do your essay a great favor if you made some of your sentences more complex. (AKA, vary the sentence structure more often, with complex, compound, compound-complex, etc.).
India has a great history of leadership, and her leaders played crucial roles in the Indian revolution. Many leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Jawallal Nehru, Shivaji Mahraj helped the country to protect form itself from outsiders.

Among all those leaders, a very important leader for me is Savitribai Poole. She is not much famous in the world, but she is definitely famous in...

The second reason, she was the first female teacher in the first female school.

She is not only educated herself, but also took part in teaching other women. In her period women were not allowed to go out and do any outside activities. They were treated as ma ids and depended on family.

The third reason is she took effort on removal of untouchable caste. She helped her husband in revolutionary efforts on behalf of untouchable people.

Nice!! Your writing still has errors, but you tackle very good subjects!! Keep practicing! :-)
OP vaishali1980 26 / 83  
Thanks EF_Kevin

India has a great history of leadership, and her leaders played crucial roles in the Indian revolution

In above statement why should I use "her" ?
Good question! I was not sure of the best way to make that correction. You could use "its" instead of her, but a common practice in English is to refer to a nation with a female pronoun. I am not sure why.

For example, someone might write, "America is impressive because of her natural beauty."
Or... The earth hopes that she can survive the destructive actions of human beings, and she hopes that all of her natural resources will not be depleted.

Please do not be distracted by this. It is no big deal. You do not have to use 'her.' You can do this:
India has a great history of leadership, and the nation's leaders played crucial roles in the Indian revolution.
OP vaishali1980 26 / 83  
Thanks Kelvin to gave me important information
ershad193 14 / 333 5  
I can't help it this time.
Vaishali, why do you always misspell Kevin's name?
OP vaishali1980 26 / 83  
Ohh sorry for that.

Kevin pronounce like the Kelvin for me that the reason I made mistake.

I apologies to Kevin.

Thanks to point out my mistake.
Ha ha... that is so funny. Actually, when I saw you spelling it that way, I thought that must be the correct way, and assumed I had been spelling it incorrectly. So, for 2 days I've been spelling my name with an L because I thought that must be the correct way... I am glad we cleared that up!

Thanks Ershad!

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / leader you think is important