Leadership and ethics.Situation you have dealt with these issues and influenced you

yasirshah 1 / 2  
The pressure of maintaining a healthy cash flow is immense. Though I am used to these situations now, I recall one of the most testing times at the very beginning. After I was assigned the responsibility of Key Account Manager, expectations of delivering were very high from my superiors. One of the basic responsibilities is to manage receivables of my account. There were a couple of projects for which the EBIT was negative due to liquidated damages on late supply, receivable was more than 100MINR and were overdue from last 18 months. My predecessor had never maintained a proper receivable statement, with four project managers already changed for these projects, little support was available from them and the auditors in our company had started questioning the sanctity of these receivables.

With pressure mounting from all sides for liquidation of these receivables there was an easy escape available by accounting the collections of ongoing revenues for these old receivables. However I stood my ground and along with the new project manger consolidated the complete revenue and collections statement for the project tracing each and every revenue made and payment received. Within days I was able to assign the receivable against pending invoices and identify the reasons for delays in supplies and with proper documentation I received waiver of liquidated damages from the customer.

The complete exercise not only helped me to liquidated the receivable and mitigate the negative EBIT but I was also able to set an example within the organization which was later implemented for maintaining a database on receivables on old outstanding.
Don't use though and but in the same sentence:
Though I am used to these situation now,but i recall one of the most testing challenging times at the very beginning. ---Also, capitalize the word "I"

Above, I put an s at the end of time. The way to write "one of the times" is like this:
I recall one of the most challenging times I tried to make money.
Use an s when you do that. :-)

After I was assigned the responsibility role of Key Account Manager expectations were very high from my superiors.

Always capitalize the word I: However I stood ...

The complete exercise not only helped me to liquidated liquidate the receivables and mitigate the negative EBIT but...

:-)
OP yasirshah 1 / 2  
Thanks for the suggestion however can i continue with this as an essay on leadership and eithcs?
How do you guys rate this out of 10?
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Y
Though I am used to these situations now, I recall one of the most testing times at the very beginning.

Yes, just change the sentence above to be one about leadership and ethics. The pressure to maintain a healthy cash flow is related to both leadership and ethics.

Writing is art, but it can also be mechanical in the sense that you can take that sentence above and change it to establish any theme you want.

Then, go back and change the end, too.

Out of 10, I would give it a 6 because it is not a story that makes a reader feel intrigued and unable to stop reading. For that, you need a catchy concept of phrase at the beginning. If you frame this story within a super-intriguing concept, it can be a 9.

:-)
OP yasirshah 1 / 2  
EF_Susan
Thanks susan you have been generous in giving 6 out of 10.But can u help me in making it 9 out of 10.
:-(

Home / Writing Feedback / Leadership and ethics.Situation you have dealt with these issues and influenced you