'leading, making quick decisions, patiently helping others' - A good leader

neo1989 8 / 15  
i hope some one take time and revise my article for me

What are characteristics of a good leader?

A good leader should possess many characteristics but in my opinion some of them are more important than the others. For example a good leader is good at logical reasoning, a quick decision maker, and patient. Although there are other characteristic such as having good manners, good public communication skill but these features aren't as necessary and important as three characteristics I mentioned.

First of all, good leader should think logically. In soccer captains lead other players on the pitch. A good captain in order to see the rest of the pitch and have everything under control choose a good spot. Besides he distribute ball to other player and organize defenders and strikers. All these roles require good logical reasoning. For example John terry is captain of England and Chelsea team. As I am fan of this soccer player I always watch his play carefully. I see how he organizes defenders and leads the rest of the team in my opinion he is a born leader.

Second of all, a good leader is a quick decision maker. A quick decision has many positive consequences such as saving money, time energy which are important to big companies. Head of the companies are good examples as most of them seem bold and risk taker. In today competitive world there are many companies who are competing with another and for them timing is a crucial parameter. A company in order to outrun other companies should take risk and invest money on a new project. At this time a good leader take responsibilities and make a quick good decision.

Finally a good leader is patient. Sometimes companies face many problems such as financial problems. At this time head of the company like caption of a ship navigate the ship through storm. Financial problems, workers strike and fire in the factory, are like storms that a good leader wouldn't panic and would find solution for it patiently and save the company from bankruptcy.

In summary being good at logical reasons helps a leader to lead others, making quick decision are sometimes important and decisive feature for a leader, and being patient help leader to solve problems.
Aldo111 2 / 4  
I've made a couple of edits to some of it, which improve the overall grammatical structure as there were some mistakes made in the same. Written a few suggestions/comments in red.

-----
Finally a good leader is patient. Sometimes companies face many problems such as financial problems. At this time the head of the company patiently takes the company through the thick, just like the captain of a ship navigates it through storm. Financial problems, workers strike and fires in the factory, are like storms that a good leader would face and would find solutions for patiently, save the company from potential bankruptcy. Example isn't well-applied. Similar company example already used in the previous characteristic. To give your essay more variety, you should use a different kind of example here. Otherwise, using 2 of the same examples and 1 radically different (Football) doesn't really leave a nice effect on the reader, in my opinion. Also, you should connect your characteristic much more deeper with the example you have used.

In summary being good at logical reasoning helps a leader to lead others, making quick decisions is sometimes important, and being patient helps a leader to solve problems. These are the true qualities of any good leader.

----------
OP neo1989 8 / 15  
thanks your comments were definitely useful.
For example a good leader is good at logical reasoning, amaking quick decisionsmaker , and being patient.

Although there are other characteristics such as having good mannersbeing an excellent communicator, well mannered person with effective people skills , good public communication skillbut these features aren't as necessary andI believe former are the most importantas three characteristics I mentionedfor a good leader.

Following essay is written on the same topic... You can have a look at the essay and the comments provided for it;

good luck! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / 'leading, making quick decisions, patiently helping others' - A good leader